HELP needed from folks in UK, esp. in Scotland!

by WTS Archive 101 Replies latest jw friends

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

WTS Archive,

I am not and never a was a JW.

Don't take it personally everyone who comes here with breaking news and who does not already have media releases and court documents to backup their story gets bashed. Case in point is the guy currently posting from Spain he got bashed so bad when he first started posting. Yeap!! Just carry on.

As to a small business requiring 25 employees hotel/restaurant very understandable, as someone previously stated. In the US and especially for women Grant money for start up companies is very plentiful and in some states between Federal Grants and State Grants a woman can open a business with very little out of pocket money. All they need is a very well written business plan.

When 25 employees do nIt show up one day it would be impossible to open. If a restaurant has food in its refrigerator it has expiration dates by the time she would have hired new employees and trained the staff most of the food would have spoiled. She would also have incurred expenses to advertise for staff and then advertise that she is now reopened for business once she rehired staff. I would also suspect that she has some type of uniforms that need to be ordered. There are bills to pay in the interim with no income coming in. Hey all this cost money!!!

Well like someone said above Cult mind control from the RC said don't talk to the df, don't associate with the df well I hope this woman and judge throw these people right under the d.... bus for the lack of business etiquette. I hope the h... is gives each and everyone of them a raving review on any job referral that may come up in the future. I sure know I would. I know one question when I am hiring is would you rehire this person? Well in this case each it would be NO!!

Did any of you think about the fact that maybe once she was baptized into this wicked Cult she did not realize that she would be disfellowshiped and felt sorry for all these poor loving people she met in the KH and decided to give them jobs. What would you have done when you were IN THE TRUTH? !?!? Where would you have hired employees, would you have gone out to Satan's world and hired employees? Think about it before you judge?

• Simon
    Simon
    She was a JW only for one year, so she didn't get so many "benefits" from it I presume

But in that time, she opened a business and learnt to exclusively hire JWs and what, lose all the contacts she had before?

I'm sorry, but I'm skeptical because it doesn't feel right. It feels like someone first took advantage of the group for cheap employment and then wants a payday when they walk away from it.

I've known people like that, they are never "true believers" but know a good deal when they see one. Typically on the fringe and only interested in the brotherhood (and reminding others about the importance of it) when they want something from everyone.

It could all be totally legit of course. I just don't buy the idea that we must always be on the side of people leaving the WTS and that they are always the victim and the members of the congregation the monsters, because I've seen many times when it's the opposite - people scam the gullible members or otherwise take advantage of them and suing them is just one more way to do this.

I just don't know the whole story. If / when I do, I will adjust my viewpoint appropriately. Right now, all I do know is that an employers was obviously discriminatory.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I don't produce any content. I just host files.

WTS Archive is a good guy. Has done great things for the exjws in Poland and world wide.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

If in fact 25 employees did walk out of a small business because of a stupid teaching of the WT virtually immediately closing the down and think this woman has a very legitimate case for monetary damages.

Don't get me wrong, but I find it funny how some of you while IN as Elders you preach one thing but once you see the light you come on the forum and pretty much have forgotten what it was you used to preach!!

• bohm
    bohm

Man, sometimes JWN is the grumpy grandpa of JW activism.

Assuming the employees were hired legally this woman would absolutely have a very good case in many European countries including mine. You just can't decide not to show up on work, it is considered an illegal strike. As far as the details of the story, perhaps something got lost in translation (like: she was actually shunned by 25 people who was current or former employees at her hotel and all current workers failed to show up).

I hope the OP returns with a newspaper clipping that verifies details of this story to "grandpas" satisfaction :-).

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Whilst the story does seem strange but the fact that wifibandit has vouched for the OP seems to lend that the story is not at least fake or a troll post.

I'm sure the OP doesn't see how strange the story seems hence the replies on here but do not take offence at it.

That said it would still be nice to get all the facts...we await that...do you know if the case is being held in Dundee courts or Glasgow/Edinburgh? Do you know which date? Is it just one exjw person involved?

• WTS Archive
    WTS Archive
    I'm sure the OP doesn't see how strange the story seems hence the replies on here but do not take offence at it.

I see the points that are being made and to be honest, I'm quite surprised. I had many more bizarre experiences like this so those kind of things don't seem strange to me anymore (shocking - yes, but not really surprising), and I would be surprised to know that it's not a "norm" when it comes to JWs you guys were affiliated with. It's like when I hear another child abuse story among JWs, elders even. It still does give me chills, but it doesn't surprise me anymore, because there are so many of stories like that already.

do you know if the case is being held in Dundee courts or Glasgow/Edinburgh? Do you know which date? Is it just one exjw person involved?

Like I've said many times already when I will have a date or place of where the next hearing will take place I will post it. She is the only exjw involved in this, her husband never was a JW and she doesn't know any others in the area, hence my call for helping her out if someone lives nearby.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

We had a Polish brother in our congregation who was a bit contentious and some said paranoid. For example one time he found a bottle in the KH cupboard labelled "Polish Remover". He finally started attending a nearby congregation instead, although he still lives in the territory. True story.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    We had a Polish brother in our congregation who was a bit contentious and some said paranoid. For example one time he found a bottle in the KH cupboard labelled "Polish Remover". He finally started attending a nearby congregation instead, although he still lives in the territory. True story.

Haha now that is quite funny!

• jambon1
    jambon1

Dundee is a shithole and I'm surprised there are 25 jobs in the place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit