HELP needed from folks in UK, esp. in Scotland!

by WTS Archive 101 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

More details needed. Zero info from the national newspaper - Daily Record.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I wish I could just go to support her, but now with slimboyfat's comment, I'd like to make sure that this is a verifiable story.

• WTS Archive
    WTS Archive

This story is just in the making, she went for an interview just today, so you won't find it anywhere yet. When it gets online anywhere I will certainly let you know. I didn't want to share any personal details to protect this woman's privacy, because it's the Internet, so you never know. I'll give you the name of the congregation as soon as I know it myself, because out of all things I asked today I forgot this one :).

As for spitting in her face - as I've said, there were cameras there and she said she will probably get the recording later. Again, if I get something I will share it.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Which city will the case be held in? I'd go if I'm close by. But some of this story really doesn't add up.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Just simply not turning up for work is surely not lawful. Damages, damages, damages from each and every one of them and the WT will not help one bit.

• bohm
    bohm

Man I so wish this story to be true, the "letter to the judge" is simply priceless!

Please keep us posted if any of this makes it into 3rd party sources.

• WTS Archive
    WTS Archive

Man I so wish this story to be true, the "letter to the judge" is simply priceless!

I was told that after the case is complete this letter will be released to her as a part of case documentation and we will be able to publish it. Let's hope that it goes this way.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

As with the last time pleas were made on this board to support an ex-Witness in civil dispute with the organisation/individual Witnesses there is lots of hearsay and very little verifiable fact.

If half of what is claimed is true then I feel sorry for the individual however there are also things that seem a little out of place. It is true that an employer can make a claim for costs incurred as a result of an employee not working their notice but I also question 24 people all stopping their work immediately as there is no obligation for a Witness stop working for a newly DF/DA person and surely some of them would not be able to afford to do so. I am also wondering how a small (two?) room hotel can support 24+ employees.

WTSArchive - can you provide any more formal information on the case as I am sure there are people who would like to support this person but might be reticent until they are clear on these details?

• blondie
    blondie

If you live in this general area (I don't know exactly which city the case will be held in, but I will know in the coming days)

----------------how would you know if you live in that general area of Scotland. If there was an original hearing, it might be in the court records. No names, no congregation name, etc.

Hard to go if you don't know where.............

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I don't hire JW's for anything anymore. I learned the hard way.

I hope it works out for her. I wish I was there, I would rally around her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit