What Do The English & Australians Think Of Americans On This Board???

by minimus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah Simon, when I read that about the weather I KNEW the comment was faux.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yes, Minimus, Al Gore is a moron as well. Most politicians are. Hilary Clinton seems intelligent, however, I don't trust her. Romanian wrestler? No way..Romanians are much cooler than that. I'm Romanian-American and we're much more interested in gymnastics.:p ~Aztec

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Americans are dumb as bricks in general! Patriotic? Oh my lordy yeah! I think Americans are stupid in general! Look at who we elected to president...I'm shocked and in awe! ~Aztec

Are you including yourself in this "stupid in general" statement or does the part of you that is Romanian exempt you from the general stupidity you say the rest of the Americans in this country suffers from?

XW

• Aztec
    Aztec

Oh I include myself. :) I am really stupid in regards to some topics! What I meant is that, for the most part, Americans I meet are apathetic and self-absorbed. People that I've met from other countries seem a bit less so. ~Aztec

• Jayson
    Jayson

Aztec stop referring to the men you meet in the bar at 2am as the "average American."

And everyone knows that Brits, Canadians, and Ozzies can hold thier liquor far better than an American.

• Valis
    Valis
    And everyone knows that Brits, Canadians, and Ozzies can hold thier liquor far better than an American.

eh...I've drank with the Brits and I've drank with the Canadians....both of which can attest to the fact I can drink with them any day...Now then...I need to hook up w/our Ozzies to finish the beer triangle..

Oh I include myself. :) I am really stupid in regards to some topics! What I meant is that, for the most part, Americans I meet are apathetic and self-absorbed. People that I've met from other countries seem a bit less so. ~Aztec

perhaps if you went to their homelands they might be just as apathetic and self absorbed as the "Americans" you seem to observe. ..BTW I see foreign nationals all the time at my campus and they seem to be acting just like every other US student there...yes apathetic and self absorbed...and sick of school.. uh Simon and mini....if you lived in Texas for one summer you might enjoy the drizzly overcast weather that lead to some of the great gothic writings of all times...although I'm sure the absynthe and laudunum didn't hurt either...*LOL* Come on down to Texas in July or August... you think you've landed the lake of fire..*LOL* Sincerely, District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Then again, maybe you just like rain

Love it! Nothing like a good cloudy or rainy day to cheer me up. I get depressed if there is too much sunshine. Oh, and there's nothing better than temperatures in the 50s or 60s, no higher than 72, although upper 40s aren't too bad. See, you'd hate Texas. We have sunshine, warm weather most of the year round. Very depressing. (Ask Nina if you don't believe me.)

I think I was either a mushroon or a Constitutional Peasant in a former life.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I'm referring to the people I meet in my day to day interactions. I work in a very upscale, trendy part of the metro Detroit area and I meet a lot of people who care more about whether or not they should fire their maid than care about world issues. It's just very frutrating at times! Most of the Americans I interact with are morons. However, I will say this..Americans are some of the most generous people. Americans come together very quickly when someone is in need of aid. That, I do very much appreciate! And no, I was in no way refering to any of the posters here when I made my comments. ~Aztec

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Everyone knows that Matt's favorite

Who the f is Matt?

Rosemarie

PS I loathe Starbucks coffee and refuse to go there simply because I can't stand following the crowd.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Who the f is Matt?

You

don't

know

who

Matt

is?

You need to check out his work in the movie "Buddy"...a true American classic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit