What Do The English & Australians Think Of Americans On This Board???

by minimus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Seven
    Seven

"I now thank the Lord Jesus Christ for coming into my life and showing me the way to the real truth. I've prayed and asked for the Lords help all my life, and I feel he has been there for me all along. I have received many blessings from him, blessings that I do not deserve and yet I still receive. Praise Lord Jesus, and his gifts of mercy !"

Hamas,

The real truth, eh? Are you the author of the above quote? I found it on your site. I'm not calling all born agains idiots just speaking generally about their way of life. Not all christians are idiots. I know you'll understand where I'm coming from-being thick skinned and all.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Ahem !!! Why not come to Leicester ( thats about 2 hours from London ) ?

I was about to accuse you of 'trolling' but having just read that you live in Leicester I now understand where your problem lies....lol The last time somebody clamored to emigrate to Leicester would have been .....when?

HS

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hmmmm. With a subject like this , some idiot was bound to descend into aggression. Lets return to the more light hearted tone of the thread.

We love Americans, It is one of the more popular holiday destinations.Every parent who can afford wants to take their kids to Florida Disneyland . We eat shiploads of Big Macs, and spend hours of our time with Hollywood films and TV.

You gave us denim jeans, Jazz, Rock n Roll and the Blues, Southern Comfort. Also the Watchtower Society!

It is true that we find a lot of your attitudes more black & white , we realize that you are more patriotic than we are , but no one says we all have to be the same. Current opposition to war is not a dislike of America itself

Minimus mentioned the Language. I used to cringe at some of the stuff written in the WT when they fractured the English language , and I like the way you come up with such apt metaphors . The world would not be same without you.

• Simon
    Simon

I hope people can discuss this properly without being insulting and over-generalising.

I think Americans are great, subject to the following exceptions:

• The spell colour, favourite, organisation etc... wrong.
    • It's Zed, not Zee
    • The mis-pronounce Missile "miss-ul" (and it really annoys me )
    • They gave us MacDonalds

However, I am willing to overlook these slight blemishes because:

• The gave us baywatch
    • Britney lives there
    • Ben & Jerry's Ice-cream (yum yum)
    • I love The Simpsons
    • They have a sense of humour (I hope )
  • Simon
    Simon

... oh, and it's next to Canada which is convenient.

• Valis
    Valis

Do you want to know the most accidental empire that has ever come about to dominate the earth?

COMPUTERS...invented right here in the USA...not though, without the help of people like Alan Turing who was responsible for cracking the German Enigma code and the Turing test that has long been a line of inquiry into artificial intelligence, not without Marconi's contributions to the field of electronics, or Tesla's work with electricity, or the mathematical work of Al-Khwarizmi ...people can blather about and be hatefull about different nationalities, but without a clue that involved global context, they take for granted the things they use every day, things like the computer that have for some allowed nationality to be far less important than individual merit. Not to mention, it opening up huge lines of communication between Apostates worldwide..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• riz
    riz

good call, seven! *high five*

• Hamas
    Hamas

Sevenofnine:

"I now thank the Lord Jesus Christ for coming into my life and showing me the way to the real truth. I've prayed and asked for the Lords help all my life, and I feel he has been there for me all along. I have received many blessings from him, blessings that I do not deserve and yet I still receive. Praise Lord Jesus, and his gifts of mercy !"

Hamas,

The real truth, eh? Are you the author of the above quote? I found it on your site. I'm not calling all born agains idiots just speaking generally about their way of life. Not all christians are idiots. I know you'll understand where I'm coming from-being thick skinned and all.

Yes that was a very good statement to make seven, you shot me down quicker than Billy the Kid on speed. I put my hands in the air, you got me on that one.

I think I'd better change my site, delete the born again stuff. I wrote all that because I really did believe in it at the time, I was so happy to escape the Watchtower and all. But hey, I thought I was born again after giving that so-called prayer to ask Jesus into my life. I did, and my life is now shit. Nothing against Jesus, but I must have done it wrong or something LOL !!!!! I never considered myself a born again Christian, I can see they are really annoying so I dont want to go from one annoying group to the next.

Sorry If I offended anyone, but I still stand by the things I said. Check my site in a few days, I would have deleted all the hypocritical would-be-a-JW rubbish, thanks again for pointing out to me Seven that I was just as guilty as they are.

My site will still include filth on the JW's though. www.escapethewatchtower.cjb.net

• Hamas
    Hamas

p.s. My site is really a site JW's can go to help them see the truth about 'the truth'

If I wasn't to mention Jesus at all, JW's would probably just think of me as someone that has lost all faith in God and has gone against him by leaving the borg. With that in mind, they probably wouldn't stay.

Looking back, knowing that so called 'apostates' still had faith in something was enough to keep me looking at their sites.

I still believe God shown me out of the Watchtower, yet maybe my site does come across a little Born Again -ish.

• Stephanus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit