2017 Circuit Assembly: Lesbians at school demonstration

by darkspilver 63 Replies latest jw friends

• schnell
    schnell

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." (Batman)

You can't say you love the person and hate the sin, and then also say a person is defined and qualified by their actions.

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. (Numbers 31:17-18, NIV)

Wow, such a moral standard to live by, and to wish upon others as well.

• blondie
    blondie

This is just the deceptive approach a version of "No we don't believe that only jws will live through Armageddon."

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

When Jehovah stuffs the life out of 8.5 BILLION people He will make sure

that each knows that He doesn't hate them

:)

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    steve2: How would Emily have replied if she had been talking directly to her lesbian classmates? Funny that the demonstrations on this topic are always about JWs talking to others about homosexuality.

Funny that the demonstrations (and the earlier Sophie video) on this topic are always JW women/girls talking about lesbians.

Try flipping the genders. How would this demonstration play out if it was a nonJW boy saying the same thing to a JW boy...but about two of their male classmates?

It is so strange - the women/girls are not included in this year's sporty convention cover - just the men are encouraged to not give up, keep on running! The encouraging messages are directed towards males.

But, the girls are used as examples - they are the ones who "set the example".

This is the same as the recent emoji worksheet - aimed at girls. Girls telling girls how to behave.

But...no girls included in the real race! Nope...no girls running for Jehovah. Just girls talking about lesbians...at a convention of sporty jocks with clean haircuts and muscles.

It is sort of perverse, isn't it? Or at least...a bit weird?

• undercover
    undercover
    Hannah: It’s the same with our differing views of homosexuality. Everybody has the right to choose. Based on what I’ve learned from the Bible, I’ve made a lifestyle choice to reject homosexuality, and I appreciate those who respect my right to make that choice.
    Emily: I never thought of it that way.

Well, Emily, that's because you're not indoctrinated into a cult that teaches that homosexuality is a 'choice'.

What a particularly insidious propaganda skit... 'oh, please respect my choice to not respect others'

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

I do have to say OrphanCow you are right. When you look at it like this, it is strange to see the athletic male silhouette as their theme and them go and talk about lesbians.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Likening it to smoking cigarettes.

I thought they counselled on 'illustrations being appropriate to the material'

What a big pile of horse shit.

• Sorry
    Sorry

The irony. This Sunday's WT specifically prohibits being deceptive, saying things you know people will take one way, but you meaning other. This little demonstration is the epitome of that.

"We dont reject homosexual people, just their conduct." The average non JW would take this to mean that Witnesses have a more tolerant view towards gays/lesbians. However, an indoctrinated witness knows not to keep close association with gay people. Even if there's no official punishment for their behavior, they will still be avoided like the plague if the truth about their sexuality comes out (look at the experiences on jwfacts). Isn't that being deceptive without outright lying? Oh wait, the rules of the rank and file doesn't apply to the higher ups.

• Simon
    Simon

"We don't reject homosexual people, just their conduct" makes no sense for two reasons:

1, The bible is full of judging and rejecting people based on what they do. The whole mosaic law was about almost nothing else. The NT toned it down a bit but clearly still had do's and don'ts and the people who "did the don'ts"? Well, they're not coming in. How can you not reject the person if you are rejecting their conduct?

2. We're talking about who people are. It's not like saying "don't commit adultery", it's more like "you can't have sex ... ever ... just because". If it's what someone *is* then it's no different to them saying "We don't reject African Americans, just black people".

• steve2
    steve2

JW organization loves to trot out the line in which comparisons are made with JW heterosexuals who are single (i.e., unmarried). However, that comparison is specious because unmarried JW heterosexuals are not told that to seek an opposite sex partner and get married is morally wrong and sinful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit