2017 Circuit Assembly: Lesbians at school demonstration

by darkspilver 63 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    steve2: Is there some way this can be presented so that it is crystal clear what was actually in the demonstrations and what was added? I guess some will think it should be obvious - but this is where misunderstandings arise because we end up wrongly attributing something to JW organization that was never said.

Circuit Assembly Theme: Maintain Love for Jehovah!

2.30pm - Young Ones – Prove That Jehovah Is Your Best Friend (15 minutes)

Note to speaker: Warmly encourage young ones to prove their friendship with Jehovah by observing his commandments and defending his standards

TWO-PART DEMONSTRATION (2 minutes)

Note: Please adhere closely to the script. Rehearse thoroughly so that the demonstration will be natural and conversational, neither comical nor overly dramatic. The Witness teenager should avoid a self-righteous tone in the second portion of the demonstration. Select participants who are appropriate for their parts in age, manner, and appearance. Both participants should be exemplary in defending their faith. Participants may use their real names if preferred

[A Witness teenager named Hannah and a non-Witness classmate named Emily are standing and talking after school]

Emily: I think it’s so cool that Ashley and Jessica have come out as being lesbian, don’t you?

Hannah: [Grimaces] Actually, I think they’re disgusting.

Emily: Wow, Hannah, that sounds so prejudiced! Is that you talking, or just your religion?

Hannah: [Abruptly] It’s what the Bible says, Emily. Lesbians are disgusting.

Emily: [Sarcastically] Whatever.

Speaker: [Interjects] Could Hannah have done a better job of expressing God’s standards, doing so in a way that made them clearer and more appealing to Emily? Let’s give her another chance.

Emily: I think it’s so cool that Ashley and Jessica have come out as being lesbian, don’t you?

Hannah: [Calmly] Well, I respect Ashley and Jessica, but I can’t say I approve of what they’re doing.

Emily: Wow, Hannah, that sounds so prejudiced! Is that you talking, or just your religion?

Hannah: It’s my view, Emily, but it’s based on the Bible. You know, some people think that the Bible says things about how homosexuals should be treated that aren’t actually there.

Emily: What do you mean?

Hannah: For example, the Bible says that we should respect all people, regardless of their sexual preference.

Emily: But I thought you were prejudiced against gays and lesbians.

Hannah: Not at all — I reject homosexual conduct, not people.

Emily: I don’t get it.

Hannah: Well . . . [Pauses] I also choose not to smoke. In fact, I find the thought of it sickening. But suppose you were a smoker. I wouldn’t be prejudiced against you for your view, just as you wouldn’t be prejudiced against me for my view — right?

Emily: I guess so.

Hannah: It’s the same with our differing views of homosexuality. Everybody has the right to choose. Based on what I’ve learned from the Bible, I’ve made a lifestyle choice to reject homosexuality, and I appreciate those who respect my right to make that choice.

Emily: I never thought of it that way.

[Participants exit; speaker resumes]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwqmWMK7dwtlQ1REY0hfSXpoWm8/view

• sir82
    sir82

Everybody has the right to choose.

LOL.

Of course if you make the "wrong" choice, Jesus H. Christ will throw a flaming hailstone at your head while you run screaming in terror. "Very soon now".

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

This exact demonstration i saw somewhere on youtube

forgot the title though. But it is there somewhere

• Simon
    Simon

"Could Hannah have done a better job of expressing God’s standards, doing so in a way that made them clearer and more appealing to Emily? Let’s give her another chance."

"blah blah ... I find the thought of it sickening .. blah blah"

"see brothers and sisters, no judgement whatsoever, it's simply a sickening disgusting vile abomination ... but we love the people, honest"

Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MpQc0eTev-U

This one i can find but there was one that was much clearer

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Just like the way Jehalepeno love bombed the people of Sodom and Gamorah!

Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

At second 35

"lesbians are disgusting!"

whole audience laughs

• jambon1
    jambon1

"I've made a lifestyle choice to reject homosexuality"

Interesting that she's made this 'lifestyle choice' without obviously being a homosexual herself.

Unbelievable.

I wonder if it's so easy for a homosexual to make this 'lifestyle choice'.

Crass, inconsiderate, bigoted bastards.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIwS22Ejt14

The demonstration is based on material in the YPA Vol 1, Chapter 23

Young People Ask Vol 1, Chapter 23: How Can I Explain the Bible’s View of Homosexuality?

What is the Bible’s view of homosexuality? And if you live by the Bible’s moral code, how can you respond to those who label you prejudiced, judgmental, or even homophobic? Consider the following questions or statements and possible responses.

“What does the Bible say about homosexuality?”

“The Bible makes it clear that God designed sex to be engaged in only between a male and a female and only within the arrangement of marriage. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) When the Bible condemns fornication, it is referring to both homosexual and illicit heterosexual conduct.”—Galatians 5:19-21.

“What’s your view of homosexuality?”

“I don’t hate homosexuals, but I can’t approve of their conduct.”

Remember: If you’re guided by the Bible’s moral code, then that is your lifestyle choice, and you have a right to it. (Joshua 24:15) Don’t feel ashamed of your view.—Psalm 119:46.

“Shouldn’t Christians respect all people, regardless of their sexual orientation?”

“Absolutely. The Bible says: ‘Honor men of all sorts’ or, as Today’s English Version renders it, ‘Respect everyone.’ (1 Peter 2:17) Therefore, Christians are not homophobic. They show kindness to all people, including those who are gay.”—Matthew 7:12.

“Doesn’t your view of homosexuality encourage prejudice against gays?”

“Not at all. I reject homosexual conduct, not people.”

You could add: “To make a comparison, I also choose not to smoke. In fact, I find the very idea of it repugnant. But suppose you’re a smoker and you feel differently. I wouldn’t be prejudiced against you for your view, just as I’m sure you wouldn’t be prejudiced against me for my view—am I right? The same principle applies to our differing views of homosexuality.”

“Didn’t Jesus preach tolerance? If so, shouldn’t Christians take a permissive view of homosexuality?”

“Jesus didn’t encourage his followers to accept any and all lifestyles. Rather, he taught that the way to salvation is open to ‘everyone exercising faith in him.’ (John 3:16) Exercising faith in Jesus includes conforming to God’s moral code, which forbids certain types of conduct—including homosexuality.”—Romans 1:26, 27.

“Homosexuals can’t change their orientation; they’re born that way.”

“The Bible doesn’t comment on the biology of homosexuals, although it acknowledges that some traits are deeply ingrained. (2 Corinthians 10:4, 5) Even if some are oriented toward the same sex, the Bible tells Christians to shun homosexual acts.”

Suggestion: Rather than get ensnared in a debate about the cause of homosexual desires, emphasize that the Bible prohibits homosexual conduct. To make a comparison, you could say: “You know, many claim that violent behavior can have a genetic root and that as a result, some people are predisposed to it. (Proverbs 29:22) What if that was true? As you might know, the Bible condemns fits of anger. (Psalm 37:8; Ephesians 4:31) Is that standard unfair just because some may be inclined toward violence?”

“How could God tell someone who is attracted to people of the same sex to shun homosexuality? That sounds cruel.”

“Such reasoning is based on the flawed notion that humans must act on their sexual impulses. The Bible dignifies humans by assuring them that they can choose not to act on their improper sexual urges if they truly want to.”—Colossians 3:5.

“Even if you’re not gay, you should change your view of homosexuality.”

“Suppose I didn’t approve of gambling but you did. Would it be reasonable for you to insist that I change my view, simply because millions of people choose to gamble?”

Remember this: Homosexuals, along with most people, have some ethical code that causes them to deplore certain things—perhaps fraud, injustice, or war. The Bible prohibits those behaviors; it also draws the line at certain types of sexual conduct, including homosexuality.—1 Corinthians 6:9, 10.

The Bible is not unreasonable, nor does it promote prejudice. It simply directs those with homosexual urges to do the same thing that is required of those with an opposite-sex attraction—to “flee from fornication.”—1 Corinthians 6:18.

The fact is, millions of heterosexuals who wish to conform to the Bible’s standards employ self-control despite any temptations they might face. Their number includes many who are single with little prospect of marriage and many who are married to a disabled partner who is unable to function sexually. They are able to live happily without fulfilling their sexual urges. Those with homosexual inclinations can do the same if they truly want to please God.—Deuteronomy 30:19.
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Hannah: It's what the bible says, lesbians are disgusting.

Emily: Obviously Hannah, you've never gotten any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit