2017 Circuit Assembly: Lesbians at school demonstration

by darkspilver 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

This is a 19th century religion that clings to the science, morality and the ignorance of that era and beyond.

This was a time when any half baked religion could find a toe hole in the fabric of society. The Shakers, Mormons, Amish, Adventist's, Christen Scientists, Russell and the Bible Students etc.

They have consistently removed themselves from any Normal variations of human sexuality.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

2017 Circuit Assembly: Lesbians at school demonstration

Based on what I’ve learned from the Bible, I’ve made a lifestyle choice to reject homosexuality

.......................................Come To Our Assembly..

You`re Idiots!...........You`ll See Something Really Stupid!..
    Image result for jehovahs witnesses preaching

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"I reject homosexual conduct, not people."

Bullsh*t! They don't reject people? They will reject you for picking up a cigarette or simply deciding you no longer want to be a JW. What do you think they would do if you came out as gay? All this cult does good is REJECT. Karma's gonna get em!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I have some extra lines for Hannah to say in this little demo at the Assembly,

Hannah later on in the day has some time to herself to think over that little conversation, then says to herself " Hmm, I wonder if I was a little harsh in that convo with Emily, because SIster S and SIster C have been in the Cong ever since my parents were kids and they're still attending, but everyone knows that they've been roommates for more than 40 years and some of the brothers and sisters do talk about them being in a relationship, Oh well, Jah will clean out his Organization in due time and they will be taken care of, but I still believe in what I said to Emily".

BTW this little conversation is real life in the Cong I used to attend.

• blondie
    blondie

How many high school girls wear dresses at school, or even jw students?

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Most of the single heterosexuals in the congregations I've been in aren't single by choice. Either they're old, no one will have them, there aren't enough men to go around, or the men there are losers. This happens with women too, but not as often, given the male to female ratio.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

"It's my view...but it's based on the bible..."

So when does basing ones view on any book become independent or correct thinking

I believe in magic...it's my view but based on HarryPotter!!!!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Make no mistake, they put the word "disgusting " in there twice for a purpose. They also compared it to smoking, which is ridiculous and nothing like one's sexuality. There is something "disgusting" going on here, and it has nothing to do with a lesbian.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

2017 Circuit Assembly: Lesbians at school demonstration - sounds great.

When I was still attending, CAs were so boring ...

• steve2
    steve2

I don't know what's worse:

Quoting chapter and verse (especially Leviticus and the Apostle Paul) that leaves no doubt about judgements and "abominations", including that classic verse about 'men and women leaving the natural desire for one another...."

Or

Smoothly sugar-coating one's answers so that serious considerations are skirted (e.g., the literature on 'being born that way') and one comes across as nice and respectful.

How would Emily have replied if she had been talking directly to her lesbian classmates? Funny that the demonstrations on this topic are always about JWs talking to others about homosexuality.

At least they spared listeners the hard-to-believe discourse on non-practising gay and lesbian brothers and sisters who are "happily" serving Jehovah as single individuals. Hard to believe there are any still remaining in the organization after a lifetime of this sort of "sweetly" argued invalidation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit