Susan Rice Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel?

by freemindfade 86 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You say you are pro-choice, pro gay rights, and all for legalization of cannabis, things that the Republicans will get rid of if they can. Tell me which of your liberal beliefs you share with the current administration? - you're not honestly saying the Trump administration would do away with pro gay rights if it could? Seriously?!

Otherwise, you are a type of liberal I've never encountered before - of course you haven't encountered the type of liberal FMF is. He's part of a minority of liberals that are shunned or side-lined by other people who claim to be liberal but in actual fact brook no disagreement. These people meet together, where it's a terminal circle-jerk of agreement at often irrelevant issues and outrage at right-wing views or 'the patriarchy'.

I am a republican who is pro-choice, pro- gay rights, and pro equal opportunity for everyone - indeed.

Take pro-gun republicans. They want their right for gun ownership maintained. They also accept that other people don't like guns, so they'd say that these people who don't like guns shouldn't buy guns - liberal attitude.

Different to anti-gun people, who'd perhaps like to ban the right of other people to own guns - illiberal attitude.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    you're not honestly saying the Trump administration would do away with pro gay rights if it could?

Seriously? I believe Mike Pence, Jeffrey Sessions, and Tom Cotton (of gay therapy conversion fame) would do just that if it was in their power.

These people meet together, where it's a terminal circle-jerk of agreement at often irrelevant issues and outrage at right-wing views or 'the patriarchy'.

Perhaps it depends on what you consider irrelevant issues. I personally consider tax cuts for the rich and protecting the rights of all our citizens to be relevant. And since you brought up patriarchy, you only need look at the composition of Trump's Cabinet to see his commitment to equality for Women.

Take pro-gun republicans.They want their right for gun ownership maintained. They also accept that other people don't like guns, so they'd say that these people who don't like guns shouldn't buy guns - liberal attitude.
    Different to anti-gun people, who'd perhaps like to ban the right of other people to own guns - illiberal attitude.

Most people that I know, both conservative and liberal, have no problem with gun ownership. I think hunting and target shooting are legitimate reasons to own guns. I just don't see the point in owning guns that can kill as many people as possible in the least amount of time. Most gun owners are responsible people who take gun ownership seriously. I see no harm to these people by allowing access only to guns that are actually useful, not simply to satisfy some macho urge.

You might say, but what about criminals? Won't they still get these more dangerous weapons? Yes, but when was the last time you saw a robber kill dozens of people in commission of a crime. I'm not worried that a robber will walk into a school or bank or movie theater and indiscriminately shoot as many people as possible.

But wouldn't we be safer if everyone had guns to protect themselves? In a few cases,yes. But I wouldn't want to be in a bar when Billy Bob and Jimmy Ray, and all their friends get pissed off after a few too many drinks. That's all I'm saying.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I believe Mike Pence, Jeffrey Sessions, and Tom Cotton (of gay therapy conversion fame) would do just that if it was in their power.

Liberal democrats do the same shit Spoletta. Bill and Hillary Clinton are no fans to the gay community like they lead people to believe. They only use them for political brownie points. After a lot of LGBT people voted for BillClinton, that SOB turned around screwed them over by signing Don't Ask, Don't Tell and then the Defense of Marriage Act which didn't seem to bother the liberals as much as Trump being elected into office.

Most straight people don't give a shit about gays anyway unless they can get something out of caring. How many ex-JWs left the organization because of the way it viewed or treated gays? Not many. Most left because of what was done to them personally, then they left and then picked up on the social justice issue concerning the LGBT community.

LRG

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Liberal democrats do the same shit Spoletta.

Democrats social action these days is opportunistic in my opinion (see the Hillary flip flop). The religious-right's ideas on this stuff makes my skin crawl, but I feel they are true to form with that, not putting on a show.

So, as soon as you're disappointed, you turn your back on an entire party.

I am and always have been partyless. There was a time in this country before my day, when people belonged to parties but had their own ideas and those overlapped between the two. Now? Nope, can't do that. Their is a demand to accept all, and to be with us or against us. No one is into individuals ideas now, just left or right.

If, as you say, you are basically liberal, I'd like to hear all about what it is that you find in Trump and the Republicans that causes you to want to give them a chance.

I think we have developed a governing class that needed to be rebooted. I hated the GWB era and the Obama era as it went along. I think we always have to give republicans and democrats a chance because what other choice do we have at the moment? Trump is the president, the logical thing to do in that case is to hope they succeed regardless of what you believe. Why would you with them to fail?

So far, I see them rolling back any legislation that affects the ability of large corporations to make more money under the guise of creating new jobs.

They're gutting the EPA, denying global warming.

I have said on several occasions I think this is not good. So I am right there with you.

So far, I don't see anything here that would make liberals stand up and cheer. They aren't really. But one thing amazing Trump has done, has been to take a bite out of our PC culture, probably the one thing that makes people like him the least really when you get down to it. This is part fo the reboot.

"Political Correctness is Fascism Pretending to be Manners." - George Carlin

You say you are pro-choice, pro gay rights, and all for legalization of cannabis, things that the Republicans will get rid of if they can. Tell me which of your liberal beliefs you share with the current administration?

FREEDOM OF SPEECH Conservatives despite their often backward ideas are far more constitutional in my opinion. The democratic left has become the party of intolerance masquerading as tolerant. That to me threatens our values and a much larger scale than the political issues you mentioned. There is no one person, or one party that runs things, we have a system and 50 very different states. But the biggest ideas I see as the biggest threat are coming out of the left. chipping away at constitutional rights, and making the government to big and too powerful.

Otherwise, you are a type of liberal I've never encountered before. What shall I call it?

If you really actually want to know and you are not just talking, watch this. This is what is happening with thinking people inside the democratic party, they are expressing their displeasure with the administration and leaving. Its kind of like the first time you ever criticized watchtower to someone who was in, I personally was unprepared for the backlash. If you are a democrat or liberal could you ever honestly criticize Obama or Hillary? No. because then you would be here with me, being called alt right and other names simply for being critical of the party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq86Beh3T70&t=49s

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    If you are a democrat or liberal could you ever honestly criticize Obama or Hillary? No. because then you would be here with me, being called alt right and other names simply for being critical of the party

I am more than happy to criticize Obama and Hillary when it's warranted. However, I will not sit quietly by when all the good they have done is totally ignored by the right, and they are smeared with totally, easily debunked lies.

The conservatives have been rehashing the same old tired talking points for years. We all know about Benghazi, the Emails, The Clinton Foundation, the speeches to big money, etc, etc. etc. All they are left with is a screwy claim of surveillance, bolstered by a laughable secret White House rendezvous reminiscent of a Don Knotts' film. Also screaming over Susan Rice requesting information that she is legally entitled to.

The White House considers finding out who leaked the information about Russia more important than investigating possible treason against our country. To me, this is akin to the DEA putting all their resources into finding out who leaked information about the Columbian drug cartel, rather than acting upon that information. Do any of you remember Deep Throat in the Watergate investigation? Should we have ignored the information he provided?

My definition of being liberal is desiring the most good for the most people, even if I personally don't benefit.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

What good has Hillary done?

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

If you want to know what good Hillary has done, all you have to do is look at her bio from the moment she left college. She has always pursued an agenda of helping people, particularly women and children. She has actively championed women's rights in oppressed countries.The Clinton Foundation has the highest rating among world wide charities, and despite the outright lies and half truths about it, spends over 90% of money raised in charitable works. It is a fact that whenever she has been in Office, she has commanded respect from those she works with.

I know that these points are wasted on most of the right, because they choose to inflate any of her mistakes into national scandals. I've followed the Clintons since they first came onto the major political scene, and recognize their failings, as I recognize the failings of all our politicians. I firmly believe, however , that she has been unfairly demonized by the right, because she stands for principles that are anathema to the Republican party.

Please don't bother listing all your talking points(Benghazi,uranium,Emails, Bernie Sanders, Podesta, predator Bill enabler, Wall Street speeches, etc.), I've done my research using all sources, including those I find abhorrent, and find her no worse than many other politicians, and better than most.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit