Susan Rice Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel?

by freemindfade 86 Replies latest social current

• sir82
    sir82

Slate has as much credibility as CNN and is as far left as any alternative news site out there.

What particular points from the article did you disagree with?

Or are you just spouting "kill the messenger" nonsense?

For the record, I agree that Slate is left of center, (actually, some its writers are quite a bit out there) but overall it is considered generally reliable

• Hecce
    Hecce

I put this down yesterday, got 6 dislikes and by today that is exactly the main stream media reaction.

Susan Rice is married to Ian Cameron, an ABC producer.

What do you expect?

• Hecce
    Hecce

All of this need to know stuff, after covering for someone who sealed his records going back to kindergarten.

I wonder what they did during the Romney campaign.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    freemindfade - it is a potentially huge constitutional issue. If it could be proven that she used national security secrets for partisan politics it's a felony and she will go to prison.

Well, I suppose if the info was being used for partisan politics, that would be serious, although I wonder whether exposing a Russian spy in the Trump team (to take a hypothetical example) would be a legitimate matter to bring to the public. However, judging from the reports, she asked for the names after the election, so there wouldn't have been any point from a partisan political viewpoint, so doesn't seem to be a possible motive. What am I missing?

Further, if she was aware there may be a potential spy or traitor in the Trump team, as National Security Advisor, wouldn't it be her duty to find out who?

By the way, I don't watch any US tv news, so I can't comment on any of them, and don't want to be dragged into that discussion either.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

The unmasking of unidentified Americans in intelligence reports is within the scope of the job of a national security advisor like Rice only under certain circumstances.

Americans who are not under surveillance are redacted from summaries of monitored conversations and not just unmasked like you say at the security advisors whim like you seem to suggest.

• Hecce
    Hecce

She has been lying openly about any knowledge of this.

Scooter Libby convicted for forgetting about a conversation with a deceased journalist?

If you are a Democrat being in Government gives you a Corsican patent.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Further, if she was aware there may be a potential spy or traitor in the Trump team, as National Security Advisor, wouldn't it be her duty to find out who?

If there was such a spy, wouldn't we know already then? Leaking the information about Flynn to the media would be a huge scandal. That information is not mean to be distributed in this way.

Keep in mind this moron Rice lied about benghazi

She made an outright racist comment

She said on ABC that Bowe Bergdahl "served the United States with honor and distinction" and that "Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield."

She has a bad reputation. I personally have reason to believe she could have bad motives.

But we shall see what comes of it. Its worth looking at.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    • The Fourth Amendment shields American citizens from unreasonable search and seizure of not only their person or belongings but also their private communications.
    • A FISA case can allow the government to monitor a citizen suspected of acting as an “agent of a foreign power.” But still protects citizens from direct surveillance.
    • If they catch some citizen content, they have a procedure to minimalization
    • U.S. law 50 U.S.C. § 1801 “specific procedures … to minimize the acquisition and retention, and prohibit the dissemination, of nonpublicly available information concerning unconsenting United States persons.”
    • There are two conditions to "unmask", 1. Evidence of a crime, 2. Understand intelligence information.

Lets see how this goes

• snowbird
    snowbird

Let's see now.

Susan Rice quoted former FL governor and U.S. senator, Bob Graham, to the effect that national security personnel are "too White, male, and Yale."

Does this make her a racist?

If it does, then what does that make Bob Graham?

Sylvia

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Scooter Libby convicted for forgetting about a conversation with a deceased journalist?

Sorry Hecce....no pass on that one.

From 2001 to 2005, Libby held the offices of Assistant to the Vice President for National Security Affairs and Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the United States[4] and Assistant to the President during the administration of President George W. Bush.

In October 2005, Libby was indicted by a federal grand jury concerning the investigation of the leak of the covert identity of Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame Wilson.[5][6][7] Plame's position at the CIA was considered classified information.[5] Libby was indicted on five counts relating to the Plame affair: Two counts of perjury, two counts of making false statements to federal investigators, and one count of obstruction of justice. Libby resigned all three government positions immediately after the indictment was announced.[8]

In the subsequent federal trial, United States v. Libby, the jury convicted Libby on four of the five counts in the indictment (one count of obstruction of justice, two counts of perjury, and one count of making false statements) and acquitted on the second count of making false statements.[9][10] The day after his conviction in that trial, he resigned his later appointment as senior advisor at the Hudson Institute (January 1, 2006 – March 7, 2007).[11][12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_Libby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit