Susan Rice Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel?

by freemindfade 86 Replies latest social current

• sir82
    sir82

Another perspective:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/04/i_hope_susan_rice_was_keeping_tabs_on_trump_s_russia_ties.html

In fact, it would have been a dereliction of duty for the Obama administration, which was still in charge of the country’s national security, to ignore suspicious contacts by members of the Trump transition team. After all, at the time, the FBI investigation into ties between the Trump campaign and Russian attempts to subvert the election had already begun. We also now know that Michael Flynn, who would soon assume Rice’s job, was a paid foreign agent of Turkey. According to ex-CIA Director James Woolsey, Flynn met with representatives of the Turkish government to discuss kidnapping Fethullah Gülen, a government critic who lives in Pennsylvania, and sending him back to Turkey outside of normal extradition channels. (Flynn denies that this happened.) Trump himself has alleged financial ties with Russian mobsters. At the time of the alleged unmasking, all these men were still private citizens. If they were talking to targets of American surveillance, the people in charge of our national security had an obligation to understand why.

Obviously, when American citizens get caught up in incidental surveillance, it raises civil liberties concerns. If Trump and his apologists wanted to argue that this incident shows the need for greater privacy protections for all Americans, they might have a point. Instead, they’re trying to pretend that the fact that they were monitored on perfectly legal surveillance is evidence of a sinister plot again them.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Really sir82? for over a year? Having spreadsheets made on Trumps people?

If you don't believe there could be political intent to this, that is just amazing

I think CNN is actually instructing its viewers to ignore the story. Does that raise any flags for the Clinton, Inc apologists here? Is there really such a thing as "incidental" spying??? lol

Image result for koolaid stand

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Former President Barack Obama’s national security adviser Susan Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce “detailed spreadsheets” of legal phone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides when he was running for president, according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova.
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

If this was the Trump administration with the same accusations or at the center of the controversy this thread would already be 8 to 10 pages long with very anti-Trump poster spewing their rhetoric of how bad trump is and how long it will be before impeachment proceedings begin.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I'm not one for conspiracy.. but I am starting to think Trump is playing the haters like a fiddle. It's very strange the way things keep working out.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Don't worry Shepherdless it's always smoke with the far right never fire.

What's troubling is the simple minded distortions from the far right. Those guys get paid to write shit.

Whats more troubling are the simple minded who are inclined to believe it and push it on forums like this one.

For instance: "You do know that #4 on your list is illegal?"

Here's #4 She(Rice) requests the name(s) of the US individuals(s). (Reading between the lines, the US individuals(s) is/are members of the Trump team.)

The unmasking of unidentified Americans in intelligence reports is within the scope of the job of a national security advisor like Rice. According to Kate Martin, a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, Rice’s actions are likely legal and probably do not even raise privacy concerns if the individuals were part of the Trump transition team. (ThinkProgress is an editorially independent news website housed at the Center for American Progress).

• sir82
    sir82

Just for the record, I never watch CNN, I probably haven't even touched it for years.

C-N-N is not spelled S-L-A-T-E

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Giordano

Time will tell. The tendency to dismiss and demonize critics in the way just did reminds me of something, can't quite put my finger on it...

If she leaked something like say about Mike Flynn to the press, that's treason. Throw around alt right insults at those of us in the middle all you want. Doesn't change anything

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Also didn't I tell you the peanut gallery was waiting for the MSM to tell them what to think?

Giordano, obey...obey...

lol!

• kpop
    kpop

Slate has as much credibility as CNN and is as far left as any alternative news site out there. Fail.

I'm surprised you didn't post something from Correct The Record!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit