What is your opinion of the news media?

by minimus 491 Replies latest social current

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    It's simply a bald faced lie that Trump is being treated unfairly. He is getting the coverage he has earned.

Spoletta:

Did he deserve the lie reported about him that he removed Dr. Martin Luther King's bust out of the white house?

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

freemindfade. Yes, if Clinton was as obviously as incompetent as Trump, the press would be all over her. Prove to me that that's not true.

• bohm
    bohm
    Since someone said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, perhaps a change in the way the US deals with Russia is in order? Just a thought.

What do you propose? Lifting sanctions against Russia and hope they will stop the current operations to take Donbass?

I am curious: This opinion you express here is that purely your own or is it based on official studies on Russia/US policy?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If you accept that I don't believe those things, can't you stop boxing me in with the deep end of "the left" which does? - I'm not boxing you in with others, I'm not lumping you in with the extreme left. I'm merely making the point that if you - an intelligent person of the left and critic of Islam - is reluctant to admit that the left needs self-reflection and improvements, think how difficult it is for the many left-wingers who aren't as balanced as you to admit this.

Some on the crazy spectrum of "the right" are Nazis - this is correct, but the right (in the UK at least) has the antidotes to its own poisons. It uses free questioning and introspection to better itself. When Geoffrey Bloom of UKIP referred to black immigrants coming from 'bongo-bongo land', Farage sacked him; when David Cameron was trying to pass the same-sex marriage bill, he slapped down his homophobic back-benchers and beat them to get the bill passed - result: the right-wing Tory party is working hard to become more inclusive.

In the UK, I just can't see parties of the left using self analysis and introspection to improve themselves. Labour has lurched to the left with Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbot, ect. Jeremy Corbyn has spent his entire political life on the back benches, protesting a whole bunch of policies. Politicians such as him are idealistic and have limited self-awareness and introspection. Now, he's Labour leader. Basically, he's never going to be PM. He's popular in student unions and among Left Foot Forward readers, and that's about it.

The recent women's march against Trump was one of the more ludicrous things I've seen in some time and proof that the left is doubling down on crazy at a crucial moment in its history when ordinary people are having justified, genuine doubts about a range of left-wing policies.

• kpop
    kpop

Here is some 100% proof of FAKE NEWS in the media against Trump. Yesterday The Hill reported that in London there were hundreds of thousands of protestors against Trump. That caused a left leaning editor of another magazine located right where the protests too place to report the truth. The truth is there were hundreds, maybe a thousand or so at most. Where did The Hill get the stats from? None other than King of FAKE NEWS CNN!

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/fake-story-made-feel-sympathy-donald-trump/

• sir82
    sir82

if Hillary had won and was doing the exact same things, would the news be dominated top to bottom with MSM complaining about her existence?

If Hillary were signing executive orders without understanding their consequences (green card? get out! come in! go away! stay but go away! Huh?)....

If Hillary were making statements like "the media is the enemy of the people"....

If Hillary were appointing cabinet members that were utterly unqualified (what does a heart surgeon know about housing or urban development?)....

If Hillary were obsessively repeating provably false statements about matters such as crowd size and electoral vote counts.....

....then the media should, and undoubtedly would, call her out on it.

For the record, I'm NOT a Hillary fan.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

CNN has sunk in my opinion to the lowest depths of "News". Even below Fox. Fox is biased, but they will still feature content against their supposed side, and not censor people they deem too dangerous for their agenda. They are the worst of the worst.

• Simon
    Simon
    As I understand the situation, there is little evidence ISIS is sending terrorists to the west to perform acts of terror

I hope you're not in charge of anything important.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Yes, if Clinton was as obviously as incompetent as Trump, the press would be all over her

Spoletta every time you comment you show me you are living in some alternate reality. I know plenty of anti-trump people who are intellectually honest enough to admit the truth about this.

• Simon
    Simon
    Did he deserve the lie reported about him that he removed Dr. Martin Luther King's bust out of the white house?

Yeah, but they had to make something up to counter the fact that Obama removed the bust of Churchill, otherwise Obama would look like a petty fool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit