What is your opinion of the news media?

by minimus 491 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The premeditated lie of Obama and Hillary to proclaim the Benghazi attack a reaction to a YouTube video about Muslims was far more disturbing and insidious (in the fake news department and beyond) than the careless blatherings of Trump, and still the MSM portrays his words as the greatest of scandal. It's exhausting. Trump has a lot of issues, but I guarantee you no other president in history has been such and intent focus of smear in all history, to the point of ridiculousness.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Actually the failure of the Media was allowing D.Rump so much free air time. During the campaign you could not tune into Fox, MSNBC or CNN during the morning news shows and not see or hear the Donald tout his BS. The same with ABC, NBC,CBS. and we'll throw in the BBC as well.

Well......... I guess it's human nature to gawk at train wrecks.

I have a better opinion of the news media now that he has been proven to be a chronic liar and all around despicable person. The media, with the exception of FOX and other far right news outlets that enjoy making shit up, has shaped back up somewhat. There is plenty of hard news out there that is reported on....news that is verified.

I read the Times, The Post and Wall Street Journal. Watch Morning Joe (hate the host) and morning CNN which always provides commentators & guests from both the right and left.

The 'fake news' claim was perhaps the final straw for any serious reporter or news outlet. The battle lines have been formed.......... truth will always beat fake except in Dictatorships.

Labeling something as fake because you don't want to accept the facts is the refuge of the fools in our midst.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Actually the failure of the Media was allowing D.Rump so much free air time. During the campaign you could not tune into Fox, MSNBC or CNN during the morning news shows and not see or hear the Donald tout his BS. The same with ABC, NBC,CBS. and we'll throw in the BBC as well.

I honestly believe to some degree he trolls them initially, mistakes and all.... something to think about...

• Simon
    Simon

They aired so much of him because they care more about ratings and income than reporting news.

When you're watching footage of an empty podium while you wait for his plane to land, you should be thinking "how is this 'news'?" because nothing has happened yet.

They are paying the price for their own malfeasance.

They absolutely thought Clinton was going to win, you only have to watch their shock as the results came in. At least they were speechless for a brief moment - the most accurate thing they have said in a long time.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    They are paying the price for their own malfeasance.

100%

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

So all those on the right think the press shouldn't challenge Trump's obvious lies? Why aren't you all still Witnesses?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    So all those on the right think the press shouldn't challenge Trump's obvious lies

Who has said anything like that once???? And most people commenting are not right, they are liberals I am sure. It's one thing to call someone on something clearly wrong, it's another to lose your mind every time someone (trump) takes a breath (CNN). Do you remember the news trying to spin his second amendment comment as an assassination threat at Clinton and the Supreme Court??? its absolute stupidity, that is not reporting the news, that is making up the news. For the record for several years I have been the biggest critic of right wing media (Fox), but the other side has sunk down to their level or lower at times (CNN) in the last few years.

Knocking the news is an advocation for right wing news, knocking the democrats is a vote for trump, you spolletta are being JWesque in your all or nothing mentality

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Having no free news media is the same as having the most biased media (because presumably it's state run).

I just totally disagree with this. What? Is CNN run by the government? NBC? No they aren't. Do they report what is inconvenient to the right wing mind? It would appear so. History shows that the right usually doesn't like the news media because they portray change, show the plight of minority and fringe groups that are in need or suppressed (see: Civil Rights movement of the 60's), and point out abuses of power. (See: Nixon) And do they do that to Democratic Presidents? (See: Clinton, Bill)

The difference is, one is potentially a crime and she had a responsibility, the tax return is something that most recent candidates have done but isn't a requirement.

That is a convenient side stepping of the issue to the right wing mind. Taxes are released precisely to demonstrate where a candidate has been playing and who they have been playing with. It is legit. If Trump had any dealings with the Russian government (and through surrogates, he has) and if he has business dealings with ANY foreign government, there are all kinds of potential conflicts of interest. Will he do what is right for his business or the American people?

I call him President Small Hands to make a point. He is volatile. Instead of embracing accountability and our democratic traditions, he attacks them. That is bad. And frankly, the fact that others support a belief that the media should just leave him alone should be met and debated in a forum like this and others. While I respect your right to your point of view, I believe in the grand scheme of things that attacking the media in this manner is wrong and bad for the future of democracy.

Attacking a news story is one thing on the merit of facts. But clearly, a President who has surrogates on the record asking that their "alternative facts" be considered causes less of an alarm then Jake Tapper? That is flat out wrong. He doesn't want to be accountable. I don't care if he is a Democrat, Republican, or Martian, that should be rejected soundly. As McCain said, censoring the news media is the first step toward a dictatorship.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I call him President Small Hands to make a point. He is volatile.

I don't see him any more volatile than modern leftists though lol. honestly, the "trigger" folks I am speaking of, not the ones still using their brains.

I think this is whey they are so vulnerable to trolling, and trump is a troll of epic orange proportions. He lobs out stuff the media can't wait to blow up, then he cries foul and on and on the cycle goes...

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

And speaking of bias, Obama, with class and dignity, lived through years of his citizenship and religion being questioned. There was never a basis for that, it was done simply to deligtimize someone who narrow minds were scared of. (Read: A Black President)

Are we truly interested in the truth of matters? Or just what we feel comfortable with? You know, as long as it's "Truthy".

To this day, Obama is considered a Muslim by a sect of biased media. But of course, that inconvenient fact might not want to be acknowledged here today. Are we truly interested in discussing media bias, or is this conversation really about silencing opposing points of view that disagree with our world views? Or disagree with the powers that be? In that case, you probably don't like "mainstream" media. You might enjoy a more white view of the world, which is the last thing from reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit