What is your opinion of the news media?

by minimus 491 Replies latest social current

• just fine
    just fine

Landy - there is most definitely hate directed at the Right. The whiners have some bewilderment caused by the media telling them the sky is falling. But there is hate from the Left and lots of it.

• Landy
    Landy
    The whiners have some bewilderment caused by the media telling them the sky is falling

It's nothing to do with the media. I'm capable of making my own mind up on Trump's case of the Emperor's New Clothes based on listening to his insane ramblings for the last 18 months.

• minimus
    minimus

It has a lot to do with the media. People are influenced by what they hear and see on TV and in print all the time even you

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

CNN did report on this and fan the flames.....Minimus

Nope..

CNN acknowledged there were Unsubstantiated Salacious Claims made against Trump..

They never reported on what those claims were..

• just fine
    just fine

You may be able to make up your own mind, but many cannot on both the Left and the Right. So they follow whoever is most hysterical. And going back to the OP, the media plays a role in that. I don't love Trump - I think he would do a lot better if he would stop talking.

• Landy
    Landy
    So they follow whoever is most hysterical.

Hence the reason he was elected and now has control of the nuclear launch codes.

• sir82
    sir82

I don't love Trump - I think he would do a lot better if he would stop talking.

+1.LOL Truer words never spoken.

I have no hatred for Trump or his supporters.

You can call someone unhinged, delusional, and incompetent without hating him.

Obviously, if (somehow) his policies made the world a better place, I'd be be on the front steps cheering.

I would love to be proven wrong about Trump. I just can't picture any way that his impulses (he has no policies, he governs by impulse) would make the world safer or the general population better off.

• just fine
    just fine

@ Landy - At least we can agree on that. Most people can't make up their own mind. Look at politics and religion.

• minimus
    minimus

That's fanning the flames Outlaw. They advertised it . A good journalist would check the source rather than report on unsubstantiated error. Once again, if I said Outlaw has urinated with hookers on the bed that Obama slept in and it was OBVIOUSLY UNTRUE, and all CNN did was simply report to the world these unsubstantiated reports,pardon the pun but I think you would be pissed

• bohm
    bohm

I don't want to outrage-post everything Trump says but he just made this statement about the free press:

"Enemy of the people" is a well-known phrase from history, it is a chekist catch-phrase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit