What is your opinion of the news media?

by minimus 491 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

Minimus: I wouldn't call the Russian thing fake just yet. New things are coming to light every day and Trump is the subject of 3 separate FBI probes. Just today alone two very interesting interviews surfaced and another(!!!) person connected to the Steele Dossier died.

I am withholding judgment, but many of the things I read a month ago and wondered if they were crackpottery or not are now in the mainstream media being confirmed.

• azor
    azor

Bohm that's one of the many reasons trump has to try and discredit the main stream media. If CNN is considered no better than Breitbart, and infowars he's accomplished his agenda. It won't matter how legitimate the claims and proof against him are. They will be viewed as conspiracy nuttery.

• Simon
    Simon

If being subject to an FBI probe is a crime then thank god Clinton wasn't elected. Oh wait, you have different rules don't you - being guilty is 'not guilty' when it's a dem and being investigated is enough to be guilty when it's someone else.

Bohm that's one of the many reasons trump has to try and discredit the main stream media. If CNN is considered no better than Breitbart, and infowars he's accomplished his agenda. It won't matter how legitimate the claims and proof against him are. They will be viewed as conspiracy nuttery.

Likewise, it's why the main stream media is so determined to label and discredit "alt" news channels as fake. The are losing their power and influence and when they don't have that, their paychecks stop.

The likes of CNN have gifted Trump with the perfect think to wave at any news story he doesn't like.

What's my opinion of the news media? I think most of them are useless and dangerous. They conspired to try to give us Clinton. They ended up giving us Trump. Good job. Now they want sympathy like they are victims? Forget it.

• bohm
    bohm

Simon: I am really not that biased ;-). Clinton was subject to FBI investigations, and I actually think it was a good thing she got investigated considering what was at stake (I just think the reporting of her investigations were disproportional with what was found). Now Trump and the people around him are being investigated which I also think is a good thing. I don't assume guilt in the case of Trump and I don't think it is proven yet.

I don't think this will be a multi-year thing so we will have to see what comes to light in the coming months, then I guess we can see if the alt or MSM was more accurate.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

So the media and "Left" are losing their marbles over Melanie reading the lords prayer (as an atheist the mixing of government and religion is repellant to me as well, but I am not losing my mind)

Meanwhile!... This shit is going on in NYC yesterday and the media is not saying anything about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XY02py1h_4

Now... while I do not agree with Melanie or the GOP mixing religion in politics (i do feel it's an overreaction in the news), how can the left venerate a religion (islam) so dearly, especially by so-called modern feminists, a religion that in its majority countries literally (not exaggeration) treats women like farm animals. ?????

The MSM media is promoting the news it chooses and spinning it in its favor, I don't know if "fake news" is the right way of describing it, but its something.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

So without a lot of time to delve in here, (I will try later on) I'd like to point out that it seems we are mistaking the forest for the trees.

It occurred to me that this whole thread is saying that potential news media bias is more dangerous than having no free news media at all? Would that be fair?

History demonstrates that dissent by the citizenry is the last thing from refined or at times, smooth.

History without fail teaches the mistakes that happen when the citizenry is not informed. No free press, no access to real information, no accountability in a democratic government.

The thing I find backwards about this argument is that Clinton was a major focus of the media. In fact, both the email servers and Benghazi matters, she received not just media attention, but Congressional scrutiny.

Trump hasn't released his tax returns.

There is more than enough evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, to show that he is at the very least friendly with perhaps THE mortal enemy of the United States.

Whenever the media points this out, the non-democratic, communistic/dictatorial response of President Small Hands is to say that all facts are fake. Very JW of him.....

This is somehow the free media's fault?

You can say the media has bias, but that doesn't mean the evidence they present isn't true. And in the case of President Small Hands, it is.

And you can complain all you want about media bias, but frankly, that makes you less of a democrat and more than susceptible to power grabbing by the powers that be. Whether you see it this way or want to admit it or not, such rhetoric just makes it easier to take freedoms away.

Let's hold ALL the government accountable. Starting with President Small Hands.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Free press is critical.

Criticizing media (CNN, FOX whatever spin), is not a ban. It's not limiting, Google, twitter, youtube and most social media outlets that have MUCH further reach and views, but are very left slanted as well, and quick to censor.

History without fail teaches the mistakes that happen when the citizenry is not informed. No free press, no access to real information, no accountability in a democratic government.

I do not consider the blaring rhetoric of CNN on the left or any similar and FOX on the right and any similar as "informed". They give you ONLY the news that reinforces THEIR agenda, and they spin it hard. That's not informing, that's propaganda.

Also the blatant meddling between CNN and Hillary is a good indicator that a station like that is not information but an Orwellian mouthpiece of the democrat elite. Known collusion

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is your opinion of the news media?

CNN`s Anderson Cooper is much bigger than he looks on TV..

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/2017/02/tiny-trump-meme-anderson-cooper.jpg

• Simon
    Simon
    It occurred to me that this whole thread is saying that potential news media bias is more dangerous than having no free news media at all? Would that be fair?

No. Having no free news media is the same as having the most biased media (because presumably it's state run).

In fact, both the email servers and Benghazi matters, she received not just media attention, but Congressional scrutiny.
    Trump hasn't released his tax returns.

The difference is, one is potentially a crime and she had a responsibility, the tax return is something that most recent candidates have done but isn't a requirement.

The media portrayal is often that it is a crime. Same with the small-hands stuff. It's not what they should be focusing on.

If they got Trump's tax return then it would be news. As it is, it's simply political propaganda.

Like if they talked every week about Clinton still not releasing missing emails.

• Simon
    Simon
    Google, twitter, youtube and most social media outlets that have MUCH further reach and views, but are very left slanted as well, and quick to censor.

They are also unaccountable - except I guess to shareholders (often who fail to hold companies to any account).

Twitters 2nd largest shareholder is a Saudi prince, it's CEO has openly said they will remove right-wing content (they seem fine with ISIS using it though). YouTubers who criticize Islam have their subscribers removed and videos demonetized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit