What is your opinion of the news media?

by minimus 491 Replies latest social current

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

The most disturbing thing about this whole Swedish statement, is that Trump uses Fox news for his security briefings.

Unless you think Fox is the standard for unbiased reporting.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Hey great job if you can get it but I don't think pay is that great unless you hit a Walter Cronkite status but what do I know, but that it puts bread on the table for those that can make a living at it. As far as integrity, well that is up for grabs,, but lets face it lack of integrity will bite you in that ass unless your listening base is all a bunch of morons as in the indoctrinated dummies found in any Kingdom hall who's motto is Listen and obey and be bless corporationally,, which btw eventually will dry up due to lack of funds.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Just gotta add: yes, I said Sweden was a once-great country. But I'm not ripping on Sweden - I still think it's a very good country.

I'm only critically analysing Swedish media and government policies - just like non-American citizens do with America.

It's just that Sweden used to regularly be held up by the British left and progressives as a model country - "if we consider Sweden's policies and try hard to implement them we might just be as good as Sweden, etc."

Well, unfortunately Sweden isn't mentioned so often now.

Swedes can rightly feel proud of all the good things their country has accomplished and will continue to accomplish. But, will Sweden's media policies and immigration policies be included in this? Dunno.

I hope Sweden will iron out any wrinkles it has in this regard.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Looks like Trump made a friend..

President Donald Trump should be given a chance to prove himself, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe says.

Robert Mugabe: Give Donald Trump a chance

Uhhhhhh........Maybe not..

"The only white man you can trust is a dead white man"......Robert Mugabe

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Don't forget it was the mainstream media that promoted the fake news narrative that was authored by the Chinese Government. That somehow Trump got elected because of "fake news" spread online. They actually ran with this story which was made up by the Chinese government to promote censorship in the west. Mark Zuckerberg caved because he wants a piece of the Chinese market for Facebook.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

This is all like when Trump made the "2nd amendment folks" comment back during the campaign and the MSM immediately spun it as an assassination suggestion towards Clinton or Supreme Court judges. If you just listen to the news it's easy to form a quick (emotional) opinion, then when you realize the actual context that's not what he was talking about, just like this he was not talking about a terrorist attack, its another MSM spin.

This is the problem with everything coming out of the Mainstreams mouth right now. The real issues or problems that could get reported about trump are lost in a quagmire of hyperventilation over every breath he takes and what they try to suggest it means. It's exhausting and to people willing to take pause and filter out the spin, it's making the media look worse and trump look more like the populist hero he has been made out to seem.

The truth is the mainstream media is small dying elite group, and they are full on attacking any kind of "populist" figures that threaten their cozy little club. Like Trump and like pewdiepie. I posted an extensive video about this earlier which I am sure no one watched because its too much work.

Ask yourself why a conservative propaganda machine like Fox is now the only place certain liberals can speak because they have been effectively shunned by the left media. How freaking insane is that? How is classical liberalism and free speech becoming "conservative"

I have no doubt certain leaders and news groups in europe are actively trying to obscure any migrant issues. After watching the Obama be a complete jackass moron and never be able to say "radical ISLAM" or Hillary after the pulse shooting, a homophobic jihad turned into a gun control issue... WAKE UP

• bohm
    bohm

JW_Rogue: You mean that the CIA/FBI is colluding with the Chinese government in order to spread the narrative that Russians are using fake news to influence the US election?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37578919

More than 300 people have gone to fight in Syria and Iraq, making Sweden per capita one of the biggest exporters of jihadists in Europe...

What has happened to Swedes who have travelled to Iraq and Syria, I ask Bostrom.

"Well there is a number of 311 or so but none who have come back have been arrested. I think our terrorism law is not functioning well enough," he says.

What I find interesting from many different things I have heard, is that the migrants feel discriminated against, but on the other side of the coin (which I put far more weight in) they don't try to integrate with society. A very small percentage work, and they still hold to their ideas like Sharia that keep them isolated.

Face it, if Islam was a social club instead of fucking religion, you would be disgusted by anyone who belonged to it.

I don't have any references right now, but I have read several things stating the while Sweden leads Europe in taking in asylum seekers, the intigration has actually been a total failure

• Simon
    Simon

If any right leaning conservatives did anything close to the things that Muslim immigrants do, the left would go on so many protest marches that stocks in footwear companies would be the highest capitalized on wall street.

But "religion" so it's all OK.

Tools.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue: You mean that the CIA/FBI is colluding with the Chinese government in order to spread the narrative that Russians are using fake news to influence the US election?

I have no idea about any CIA/FBI involvement but it's a fact that after meeting with Chinese officials both Obama and Zuckerberg came out against fake news. Instead of doing any real investigation into whether this fake news actually affected the election in a meaningful way, the mainstream media just parroted exactly what Obama and Zuckerberg were saying. When you hear someone say get rid of "fake news" what they are really talking about is censorship and it's an idea borrowed from communist Chinese Government. The mainstream media hates that Trump has tried to flip this idea of "fake news" back on them. From this point forward the media will do whatever is needed to discredit anything coming from the Trump admin.

https://youtu.be/9pnhqClyneU

http://mashable.com/2016/11/22/facebook-censor-china/#8wYFjW8H5iqi

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/20/facebooks-mark-zuckerberg-meets-china-propaganda-chief-in-beijing

Didn't the mainstream outlets report on the very real threat of net censorship? Nope, it doesn't fit the agenda at this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit