Regional Convention Attendance

by XBEHERE 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Gorb;

""Many elderly jw's don't attend anymore. The oldtimers see no reason.

The conventions have the seize of a circuit now with no old friends to find.

So what is better then stream in the comfort of the living room.""

You can also say why bother going and wasting hundreds if not close to a thousand dollars for nothing. Wasting money on gas, hotels, meals,,,oh and donating.

Better off,,,sleeping-in 3 days, making your own breakfast. Then enjoying your own home or yard then going shopping or to the park for a walk.

It's the same thing you hear all the time gaslighting and governing body this, governing body that,, governing body this, governing body that. You won't miss much.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I was beginning to wake up, but hadn't left yet, we blew out the Regional thingy, I think it was called a District Convention in those days, nobody noticed we were not there ! I thought my J.W family might notice, but thankfully, no.

We never attended another Convention of any kind, having got away with that one, then we left just over a year later.

I remember being a bit careful in conversation with a few J.W's shortly after each Convention, but they soon forgot about it.

With the attendance thing mentioned in the O.P and other Posts, I don't remember it being particularly well attended every day, maybe Sunday, but I think a lot skipped going, like me, for at least some of the days.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There were always lots of people walking around talking rather than sitting down listening to the programme. Attendants carried signs back and forward saying “session in progress” or something like that, as if people didn’t know. A few were mothers pushing prams, or people borrowing prams to push, but most not feeling the need to use a prop as an excuse for missing the talks.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You can write your own talks if you have been in a while just by looking at the title. The drama will be hilighted on here.

You seldom can connect with friends.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

slimboyfat: Attendants carried signs back and forward saying “session in progress” or something like that, as if people didn’t know.

Goodness, I remember that. They would occasionally gripe from the podium about it as well. Considering that it was anywhere from 2-to-5 days of sitting for 5-7 hours (not counting bus/car trips!), it could be expected that people would want to get up and stretch for more than just the lunch hour each day. Especially for the district conventions in the summer, when there might not be enough shade and the sun just baked you for hours on end.

Not to mention- it was just talks, that were being amplified by speaker systems. You could hear it just fine even a block away from the stadium sometimes!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"You seldom can connect with friends"

It could very well be to make it more cumbersome and inconvenient to intermingle and associate with ''friends''.

The same way the ''supplied lunches'' went by the wayside. You have to bring your own lunch. The Borg realizing this was more inconvenient and cumbersome having to bring one's own lunch.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

The same way the ''supplied lunches'' went by the wayside. You have to bring your own lunch. The Borg realizing this was more inconvenient and cumbersome having to bring one's own lunch.

In reference to the above factor and the hardships of traveling long distances, WT doesn't really GIVE A DAMN about the inconveniences all of this has caused and is still causing its members. It's as if they WANT TO SEE THEM SUFFER. Hopefully, because of this SELFISH/HATEFUL MINDSET, many will start using some CRITICAL THINKING skills, discover TTATT and LEAVE LIKE HELL!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg,,,hates critical thinking.

Thats why they have to use "indoctrination" ie manipulation.

Just "listening" and not asking questions. Ie,critical thinking skills.

• RESPECTFUL OBSERVER
    RESPECTFUL OBSERVER

Six Screens had a person who attended the Long Beach, California convention call in and discuss the low attendance. 52 min in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNYn9pWfSrQ&t=3378s

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I remember sitting in the hot sun in a suit sweating your balls off getting dehydrated as the talks go on and on. Do you remember anything from the platform? No! But " It was the Best Ever!" You're glad when the brother rumbles off the final word of pray, Bullshit! Finally Over!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit