Regional Convention Attendance

by XBEHERE 93 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Elder friend of mine texted me asking what my RC attendance was 2 weeks ago (Family and I streamed it since wife is not well). He told me that his RC in the Jersey City Assembly Hall last weekend was low.

CO told them that around 2600 were the total from 16+ congs that were assigned. Well Friday he said the attendance was 1,400 Saturday was 1,700 and Sunday maxed at around 1,900. He was coming up with excuses of course... some are still weary of large gatherings of people, some are "breaking it up" maybe spreading it out over several weekends.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Thanks for starting this thread, XBEHERE. It will be interesting to see the numbers come in from various places (both in and outside the USA) as the convention season goes on.

This would be a good thread to keep all those anecdotes about attendance together, so we can see how much it's fallen across the board (as I suspect it will).

Here in the UK, the English RCs run from June 23-August 27 with the first in Sheffield and the last in Liverpool and London.

Interesting, the argument from that CO about people "breaking up" their attendance over several weekends. I thought the org always 'encouraged' publishers to only go to their assigned convention? Even allowing for those who are working to attend a 'listening' convention, that wouldn't account for many, maybe a few hundred - besides which, that should show up as a slight increase elsewhere. I've never heard of that excuse, certainly not on mass. That definitely sounds like reaching.

Time will tell whether any locations do increase slightly, as the numbers come in. But I doubt it.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

(Family and I streamed it since wife is not well).

@XBEHERE=> So, this RC can be streamed? The reason for my asking is that one of my now PIMQ relatives' who elduhs in her cong strongly advised the dubs that they MUST attend IN PERSON, regardless of their own personal situations/circumstances; no ZOOM provisions will be made.

If you have the streaming info, could you please share it? I would appreciate it.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I think there is a way to view a generic session (not your own assigned convention), which the OP might be referring to

• New day
    New day

If you look it up on YouTube with the correct convention name for the year it may pop up (a generic one).

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

For me last decade visiting convention has been shocking. Congregations out in service inviting every household to visit Convention and all I saw was JWs attending. That's really weird. Plus now not even JWs want to attend.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I don’t think it will be on Zoom but they do have an internal streaming system . If you are an approved elderly or sick person the COBE can send you an email link with a code that gets you in to see it . We did that for the last Circuit Assembly.

From the o/p I am a little confused. If they assigned 16 congs of presumably around 100 each, and got 2600 in attendance, that’s more than 160 per cong…… What were they expecting?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    If they assigned 16 congs of presumably around 100 each, and got 2600 in attendance, that’s more than 160 per cong…… What were they expecting?

It took me more than one read too

I think he meant, there are 2600 people in the "16+ congregations", but actual attendance for the convention where those 16+ were assigned varied between 1400-1900.

It's even worse if the 2600 represents "publishers" and not "everyone". If there are 2600 publishers, then you'd easily expect more than 3000 if you count all the young kids of JW parents.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Plus, some of these conventions are being held at the local Assembly Hall, not an arena. Like Janesville WI.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

These are not Regional or District conventions.

They are 3 day circuit assemblies. They are using Assembly Halls and small city centers city arenas and not big stadiums. It's all about cost savings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit