Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Here's a thought. Suppose Morris has need of expensive medical care. The self-insured WT doesn't want to take on the cost. Morris (unique among GB members) has vet benefits available to him based on his military service. So he leaves bethel to get his medical care through the VA.

Purely speculation on my part.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

All older ones in full time service get very very good elderly care.

Any Bethelites, special pioneers or missionaries get to be waited on hand and foot. Especially if you claim to be anointed.

Any of the orders who don’t take the emblems are missing a trick, if they start taking them then they get lifted up a level and get the best rooms

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The majority of the bethelites are on medicaid from what I heard. JW.org no longer foots the bill for most of their medical needs. Additionally, since TM3 is a veteran he also has VA benefits I am sure.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    • JW. org no longer foots the bill for most of their medical needs. Additionally, since TM3 is a veteran he also has VA benefits I am sure.

We had a special pioneer couple in our congregation "X" years ago. They were booted out of Bethel in their 50's like hundreds of others.

They had a slightly different path to Bethel service, they joined when in their 30's so they had 10+ years of work history as employees in the USA, which qualified them for Social Security retirement benefits.

In the USA, your Social Security "normal" retirement age is somewhere between ages 65 - 67, depending on your year of birth. You can elect to receive reduced benefits as early as age 62.

When the husband was about to reach age 62, he was informed by Bethel that he must begin his Social Security benefits at age 62, no option, end of discussion. AND his monthly stipend from the WTS (at the time I think it was something like $600 per month) would be reduced in accord with whatever SS paid him. If he got $500 per month from SS, his money from the WTS would be reduced to $100. If his SS payments exceeded $600 per month (not that hard to do, even with only 10-12 years of work experience), the WTS turned off the money spigot.

It might have been nice for the couple to wait until later, to get higher retirement benefits at a later age, but they had 0 option (if they wanted to remain special pioneers, anyway).

The WTS will never pay out a farthing more that they have to.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I remember when news got out that London Bethel was moving and many of us started getting letters they liked to call back to the field letters

Some older ones were dreading getting the letters

even some widows who had given their life to Bethel and of course sacrificed having kids got the dreaded letter.

booted out after decades

It has been very very hard for many

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DROPOFFYOURKEYLEE:

Interesting speculation as to whether AM3 is really out because he needs expensive medical care. Only time will tell if this is true.

FFGHOST & EXBETHELITENOWPIMA:

I am sorry about the couple that got their minuscule amount of Social Security because they only worked ten years. That’s how it works unfortunately.

I also went out ‘early’ at 62. But, since I worked for decades and thankfully never listened to Witnesses telling me to quit and do housecleaning, I get a decent benefit, etc.

All these people booted out of bethels is obviously sad but it only adds to the large amount of needy people already in congregations around the world! And we all know why they are needy.. What does all this say for the condition of the congregations and the feelings of desperation within?.. Not a situation I would want to be around!

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

Am I right that there was no official mention of the deletion of Tony Morris in The Watchtower magazine, except he was not mentioned in the GB enumeration in the issue of February 2024?

• Elena
    Elena

The only official announcement was on the latest News section for a day or so. It was hard to spot and most missed it. It just said that it was announced to the bethel family that Am3 was no longer GB. If it’s good news they put it on a banner at the top for days Breaking news so you can’t miss it. If it’s not good news but they have to announce it they try to hide it.

The only other way to know he has been removed is slowly deleting every picture or video he has been in. It’s taking a while because he has obviously been on a lot over the decades.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One theory I’ve heard for Stalining him out of existence is to subtly indicate that he’s no longer viewed as an acceptable teaching example.

Ten bucks says Stephen “that little baby is an enemy of God” Lett is the next one to be shown the door and have his videos replaced or discontinued.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Regardless, the time counting and beard things are absolutely red herrings.

It just makes too much sense…

…it’s all the rank-and-file seems to be talking about, whilst the full implications of JWLite have swished right over their heads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit