Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Jay-toronto Bammm! Great idea. Check surrounding counties where he may have shopped, given talks, or visited family. https://ww2.nycourts.gov/courts/9jd/orange/orangesupreme.shtml

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Actually, Tony decided to reapportion funds, without GB approval, originally donated to the world wide work, to his new Tshirt line featuring "#JW4Life" and "#ThugJW" designs. Also, he produced a new JW rap album titled : "Everlasting Jams".

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Today my best friend told me that on a different web site (one which features videos) for ex-JWs a woman said that her niece is at Bethel and that the niece saw Anthony Morris III walking inside Bethel and that such confirms he is still at Bethel. I think the person said happened on last Thursday.

My best friend also said that soon after the JW.org posted the announcement about Tony on their site, the site posted a video about addictions and a video about unrighteous riches (or maybe both topics were in the same video).

• Not Jacob
    Not Jacob

So this is all just over Tony being unable to stop buying lotto scratchers?

That's a letdown

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I contacted one of the JWs I know and said I heard that AMIII was no longer a GB member and asked why he was removed. The answer I got was they didn’t think he was removed but had some health issue. I let it drop.

Unless somebody very reliable knows somebody who really knows what happened, this is all going to be hushed up like it was nothing and things will continue as usual, IMO.

• inbetween
    inbetween

That is very weird, on the German website, AMIII is still mentioned as GB member:

Zur Leitenden Körperschaft gehören Kenneth Cook, Gage Fleegle, Samuel Herd, Geoffrey Jackson, Stephen Lett, Gerrit Lösch, Anthony Morris, Mark Sanderson, David Splane und Jeffrey Winder. Die Leitende Körperschaft hat ihren Sitz in unserer Weltzentrale in Warwick (New York, USA).

Was ist die Leitende Körperschaft von Jehovas Zeugen? Liste der Mitglieder und Helfer (jw.org)

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

Today my best friend told me that on a different web site (one which features videos) for ex-JWs a woman said that her niece is at Bethel and that the niece saw Anthony Morris III walking inside Bethel and that such confirms he is still at Bethel. I think the person said happened on last Thursday.

My best friend also said that soon after the JW.org posted the announcement about Tony on their site, the site posted a video about addictions and a video about unrighteous riches (or maybe both topics were in the same video).

-

We will soon find out if he is still in Bethel. But I doubt it.

He may have had to call back into Bethel for a few reasons but it’s doubtful to me that he will be no longer GB and stay in Bethel as a Bethelite.

He also won’t be an elder or able to do microphones 🤣

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

also won’t be an elder or able to do microphones 🤣

Makes me smile and brings back memories. When I stepped down as an elder, a year went by and I wasn't assigned any talks on the school, asked to open or close in prayer, nothing. I queried this saying as far as I was concerned I was in 'good stand' - so guess what? They asked me to do the microphones occasionally.

Good luck to Tony with that; at least I'm a bit more nibble on feet than he looks.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Yaaah! Something very strange and fishy going on with the Tony Morris announcement. It's no longer visible in the News Room page but in the About US > Frequently Asked Questions section under the title Who are the Members Of The Governing Body his name is deleted...instead of 10 there are 9 GB listed. Are they perhaps going to rephrase the original News Room announcement? Will they sweeten & soften the tone or harden the tone & bring down the hammer on The Turd!

Inquiring minds want need to know!🤣

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And still we wonder .and speculate .........Why ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit