Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I heard different versions of the story that he got drunk somewhere or maybe someone called round to see him at a late hour and his daughter in law grassed him up or maybe he was hitting on her or touched inappropriately

often times in Bethel there were ones who used to self medicate but always in the late hours so got away with it for years but then sometimes something would happen late at night and they got caught out

i think it happens in congregations a awful lot. So many bros and sisters consume too much alcohol but they seem to get away with it for years.

I remember his comments on 1975, he kind of implied that he never went along with it and all those who did who stupid

If he had voiced his opinions before 1975 he would have been labelled apostate

Im sure a similar thing wil happen about the overlapping generations once that is obviously nonsensical

if you voice opinions now that the Gov body make no sense with the stupidity of the overlapping new light then you will be labelled apostate just as people were who doubted 1975 before it was clear these so called apostate were right

in the future someone like Tony will come out and say they always knew the overlap new light was nonsensical just like he has done about 1975

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Even if the other GB members found him difficult to work with, as I can well imagine, they must surely have weighed this against the potential reputation damage, not just for the current GB, but for the concept of the GB as “faithful slave” itself. So presumably it would have taken more than awkwardness or low level disagreements, to provoke the move, because they wouldn’t have taken the decision lightly.

It also means the first few sessions of the two new GB members probably dealt with this issue. I wonder if they had any idea what they were heading into when they were appointed.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

What i read in reddit, about this year's assemblys. Does that visited assembly said talks we're much more LGBT friendly. Seems watchtower is toning down rhetoric. Seems they toning down a lot of things and just wanna make assembly something to enjoy. I wasn't there, but doesn't seem anything like before. If watchtower wanna get a good footing with governments, too Keep grants coming, someone like Morris and he's opinions are a problem. In situation like that they probably we're eager to get him out at any cost

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have not seen the slightest suggestion that they are toning down their LGBT stance. I’d be surprised if it’s true.

I mean, I do expect they will have to change position in the long run (anti gay attitudes look set to become as stigmatised as racism) but I thought they would drag it out a bit longer. I expect the Mormon church to jump first, since they are more invested in being accepted by mainstream culture than JWs.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Whether the truth will ever come out, who knows ? But the WAY they did it speaks of something seriously embarrassing for the org. I would think with Legal ramifications too, as a possibility.

I simply cannot think it is the minor stuff being suggested by some, the curt announcement was hint enough, they were immediately distancing themselves, as a Body, from the now Pariah Morris.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I don't know if he would write a tell-all, since his sons are in and the family bonds may be too strong for that. It would be an entertaining read, as long as he's not filtered.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Here's the bottom line. They got rid of him because he's a bitter old drunk. No more no less

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I hope they don’t show Stephen Lett the door too son.

He’s entertaining AF.

😏

• Gorb
    Gorb

From a human standpoint I hope AM3 feels better then ever.

G.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Is it even possible to come off being gb and still be an anointed JW?

Is it possible to come off being anointed and be other sheep and still be an Bethel elder?

I know it’s not possible ever to be kicked out of bethel and remain an appointed brother. It’s just absolutely a done deal if you are asked to leave bethel you lose all appointments and go back to being a publisher. No exceptions not ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit