Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    JW's dont seem to want to know about the inner workings. As long as they are not required to think, they are fine.

That’s how I remember life in the borg; any negative is viewed as harmful apostate messaging.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

A recent REDDIT post actually published TM111 new home address.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    JW_Researcher: You knew exactly what I was asking but you chose to try to divert. Why?’

It sounds like she has thought about that before, maybe even been challenged on it. Otherwise, she would have had no issue saying that she was raised by JW parents, but did her own research like a good JW should (although this isn't quite what the WTS actually tells them to do). So you may have hit on a sore subject for her. That was interesting.

If it was me, I would probably have assumed that you were an apostate trying to stumble me, and taken a defensive approach to any questions or discussion. We were taught that the world was in Satan's thrall, and he would use anyone he could to cause us to question the 'truth.' A non-JW who knew that much about the organization? I would have been very suspicious.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The announcement called him a brother, and as far as I know we’ve not heard anything different since.

• Listener
    Listener

They may have learnt from the situation with Ray Franz but have they made provisions for his wife?

If there is an agreement for silence, was his wife a signatory to this or is she the insignificant spouse and they forgot about her? How ironic it would be if she came out with a tell all book.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

If someone knows his new address then they will surely know if he has been to meetings at his sons congregation?

did he have his letter of recommendation sent from his last body of elders

here is my guess

To the body of Elders of the (TOMOs sons Congregation), Re: Antony Morris 3

Dear Brothers,

Brother Joe Blogs (Secretary)

We are sending you the publisher records for Brother Antony Morris 3 as he has now joined you in the TOMOs sons Congregation. His move is due to needing to find new accommodation, as he evicted from his last residence.

Tony has been with us for over 30 years. He is an outspoken, loud and haughty brother. Many weeks ago, he served as an elder and Governing body member but was removed when he got drunk and touched his daughter in law inappropriately. He didn’t handle the council well with us he has not wanted to take any responsibility for the incident and as far as we know he has not made any attempts to reduce his intake of expensive whiskey.

We pray for Jehovah’s blessing on poor Tony as he settles into your congregation and feel confident that he will continue serving Jehovah with you.

May we take this opportunity to send you our warm Christian love and greetings. Warm Christian Love.

Your Brothers

Service Committee of the NY old congregation of TOMO 3rd.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I wonder if it’s possible to get a freedom of information request to see more details about what is really happening with Tony?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    i think it happens in congregations a awful lot. So many bros and sisters consume too much alcohol but they seem to get away with it for years.

The problem isn't really the alcohol, it's more of: What you do under the influence. For old timers, it's easy to get away with it. They just have to say that they mixed two medicines together and it had side effect. I've seen it happen a few times.

But if weird stuff happen too often, they will get called out for it. In the case of AM3, he literally seemed under the influence of alcohol during public speeches!!! So, it probably got really bad, like, out of control bad, to the point the other members of the group had enough.

By the way, the rumors about an alcohol problem isn't just in the xJW community. I know some folks inside that heard the same thing without me saying anything.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    JW-Researcher - ‘When you are alone and it is quiet, please think about our discussion regarding whether you were raised a JW. You prevaricated and tried to muddle the difference between being raised a JW and ‘making your own decision.’ You knew exactly what I was asking but you chose to try to divert. Why?’

Now that is an amazing thing to ask her. I am suitably impressed.

She knew why she dillied and dallied, because she was ashamed that she really hadn't researched outside of the fake religion's own propaganda. In fact, I'd say her answer was a stock JW answer.

I wished I'd thought of your question......no doubt I will

• Walter
    Walter

Spreading of rumors and suspicion as done by ExbethelitenowPIMA is disgusting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit