Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DESIROUS OF CHANGE:

I got the same point also! Maybe as somebody who was already ‘in the world’ he was more in touch with reality in this regard.

I also remember some of the older and wiser Witnesses back in the day who lived well. While they believed the End would come at some point, they felt that you had to prepare. You did not see these people pursuing poverty or counting on something external to ‘save’ them.

That’s why I made sure I held onto my job until retirement and didn’t concern myself what anybody there thought.. These older affluent JWs have already gone to the grave!.. Any of the younger self-righteous Baby Boomers who did pursue poverty then are having a problem right now as we speak!!

• Gorb
    Gorb

At a recent broadcasting he said openly he did not believe in the 1975 proficy..

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORB:

Who knows? Maybe that’s a reason (or the reason) he’s no longer a GB member.

A month later and it’s still a mystery.

• babystar_jr
    babystar_jr

By the way, is he still an elder in his local congregation?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

We don’t even know for sure if he has been to any meetings or his wife?

surely those in the congregations around there will know by now if they have been to any meetings since he was removed?

someone somewhere will tell their friend or family and the truth will get out eventually

im surprised it’s taking this long

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I just saw a post on Reddit from someone who heard that AM3 did not step down but was supposedly removed and is no longer in bethel and attends a congregation that his son attends in South Carolina (or words to this effect).

So, can anybody on here confirm if this is true?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think the Governing Body update says it all.

They show a shot of someone pouring alcohol. Then they go on to talk about egotism and always thinking you are right. They follow it up with a bit on showing humility in spirit and attending the memorial despite your differences with your brothers.

It's like a giant local needs for Toni 😂😂😭

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Read this at ex JW Reddit. Wonder if it's true 🤔 interesting anyways.

"So my pimi mom just found out last night about morris not being on the GB anymore at her meeting! As soon as she got home she called her good friends who live at bethel and have been there for 20+ years to confirm.

They told her they were shocked when they heard the news and that he was in fact removed as opposed to stepping down for health or any other personal reasons but that they have no idea why. They said he is no longer at bethel and now goes to the same congregation in South Carolina as his son now"

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Tony hasn't held a job....almost forever. His Social Security will be almost zero. I imagine he will qualify for food stamps, and public assistance for health care...even in the deep south. It appears they are handling him with velvet gloves if they allowed him to stay in his room for a few weeks( most Bethelites are tossed out within 12 hrs for any behavior issues). Perhaps they gave him a severance package with a signed non-disclosure agreement.

• Gorb
    Gorb

With his recent statement that he told his sons in 1975 that they had to live with the long term in mind (and made clear he did not believe in 1975), he attacted the end time aspect of the jw.org organization.

That's more then enough to be kicked out of the system.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit