WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Here's a link that someone who is interested may want to view.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/index.html

I have stated before that I'm involved in local politics and I challenge my local politicians to step up to the plate and lets hammer out local issues. I call them, administrators, puppets, paper people, traitors and a tool for the elite rich. They make big brags that they're in control, yeah, yeah. My question to them is, who pays your salary? Are you going to bite the hand that feeds you? Many know their betraying their own people but their in it for the money! Yeah, people who love people are the happiest people in the world.

Guest 77

• dubla
    dubla

reborn-

It must be very convenient for you to label anything that does not go along with your stance as "simply a regurgitation of antiwar arguments". Let us make one thing clear dubla. I did and still believe Hussein needed to be removed from power. He was a ruthless dictator. However I believe that the American public was misled and given false justification for this war. In my post I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the United States government and officials. Yet conveniently I see you decided to not address any of the FACTS I presented. People usually do that when they have no legitimate rebuttal.

im sorry youre offended by me not responding to your bait and switch. i responded to your points that had to do with the actual topic at hand.....but i decided not to get into a lengthy discussion that veers way off topic, and argue points that have already been argued and argued again ad nauseum. if you wish to start another thread, or maybe even better, add your thoughts to the many many threads that have already discussed the exact same issues (youve added absolutely nothing new to the entire discussion), then i suppose we could take it over there and start beating the poor horse again.

Instead some prefer to blindly DEFEND AND SUPPORT the questionable actions of a corrupt Administration.

this is a very common statement from the antiwar side....its effective because it makes anyone that supports the war look like blind followers of the bush administration and everything they do. ill keep pointing out that i do not follow every bush policy, and i hardly think bush is above reproach....quite the contrary. i happen to agree with the decision to go to war........incidentally, if it was al gore making the same decision, i would back him just as strongly as ive backed bush on this one. nice try though.

Yes. Read my last post on this page and then make a statement before blanket-categorizing everyone who speaks critically of your beloved President.

i noticed this statement in your post to jayson.....how ironic, as you are blanket-categorizing everyone who supports the war as "blind followers" of bush.....and of course anyone supporting the war is "willfully ignorant", and doesnt realize what a horrible leader bush is. i refuse to get into bush debates. why? because i dont worship the man!

aa

• dubla
    dubla

simon-

please show me how ive misrepresented any of your opinions or words. i surely was not trying to. which part didnt i understand? did you or did you not say that the u.s./u.k. told the world they knew exactly where the wmd were (several times)? how could i misrepresent that statement? wasnt that the basis for your argument?

i took your first post, point by point, and responded......and got ignored. if you feel someone is misrepresenting your words, the easiest way to show this is by saying so, not ignoring. i honestly believe that you have no rebuttals for the majority of my points, and you sneak away with empty comments along the lines of "theres no reasoning with some", and, "im being misrepresented". these might feel like victorious statements to you, but they are transparent, and just continue to show that you have no answers, only excuses for ignoring.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

abaddon-

would a pro-Bushy please react to these points, are are they too damn hard to come up with responses that make Uncle Sam look squeaky clean??

well, im prowar, but not 100% probush.......ill "react" anyhow, since no one else has, and i cant for the life of me see anything hard to answer to in your post.

It is a testament to the ingenuity of the Iraqs that even now the war is over, the Coalition Forces have not found anything that fits the description of the WoMD that they cited as one of the reasons for the invasion.

i agree. theyve certainly perfected the art of concealing over the last decade.

Of course, it is a good thing that Saddam Hussain has been removed from power.

agreed.

It is a good thing that the USA is apparently making its weight felt in Isaeli-Palestinian peace negotiations.

agreed.

It is a good thing the USA are likely involved in efforts to keep Pakistan and India at peace.

agreed.

If India had followed the coalition's example and invaded a country with WoMD that represented a terrorist threat (and unlike Iraq, the USA and the UK, there is a common boader, active terrorist cells engaged in cross-boarder raids, and incontravertable proof thereof) and invaded Pakistan for the reasons that the coalition used to invade Iraq, we would have a war going on between two nuclear powers.

agreed.

This has not happened, but the risk is that even if India and Pakistan resolve the Kashmir question, there will be another situation where countries that cannot be trusted as much as the coalition will use the precident set by the coalition.

agreed....scary thought.

If WoMD are not found, then the trust that the coalition does have will be severely compromised.

no doubt about it.

The reason will be seen as a convenient excuse.

probably so.

All things being considered, I think it very unlikely they won't find something...

i think theyll find something too...because its there. the antiwar crowd has been putting out these preemtive implications of "planting" from the start of the war on........honestly, i think if the u.s. was going to plant something, they wouldve done it by now, but there will always be a reason to question, no matter what happens. we could find 100,000 tons of mustard gas tomorrow, and wed have posters screaming that it was planted (as if its as easy as dropping a gun at a crime scene), or why that doesnt justify anything thats happened, or how we were all lied to, because the u.s. said there was 101,000 tons, not 100,000....etc, etc.......itll never end for some, imo.

aa

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Der Schlick Meister AlanF:

You act like Clinton, you can write like the Watchtower, you can bold everything you want except "Control," you can call names, but, the word Control is still there and standing tall. You can run, you can dance, but you can’t hide.

This simple fact alone shows that the word Control is associated with Manipulated:

Webster prefaces its "use example" of Manipulated with the word Control. Here it is:

3. To Control, or play upon (the sycophant cleverly manipulated his master). (Notice the use of "or" and not "and" in relation to the next word).

You can name call, rationalize, but Webster agrees with me, Control is a valid, fair use when describing Manipulated. I have to admit, you are consistent, wrongly consistent, but consistent nonetheless.

Your picking on the use of Control is really a red herring. The very fact that if the Government did not have control, your argument would be meaningless. Since the Government does not have control or manipulate the information to the point that makes it worthless as information, your argument is just that, worthless. The "Secrets" claim does not even merit another reply..its all there to read.

The real issue is your utter lack of proof for your radical, absurd claims. Any reader can retrace these posts to see how your poor, paranoid, claims are just that. I have provided examples to why your views are not in step with reality.

Just the fact you preface your comments with insults and name calling shows us that you are seriously lacking in facts or brain power, or both.

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

It is a good thing that the USA is apparently making its weight felt in Isaeli-Palestinian peace negotiations.

agreed.

in this context what do you think about the latest embarassment for C. Powell??? sharon let him look like a total ass (which he is anyway). the israelis do not even concede to not expanding their settlements and powell and all the mighty US is doing shit about it!

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

i think the u.s. will indeed do something about it, and if bush keeps his hard line on the road map, itll be forced on them, regardless of sharons objections. sharon has already contradicted himself on key areas of the west bank.....previously he had said isreal was ready to part with beit el, for example, and now hes claiming beit el will continue to be inhabited by the jews and controlled by isreal. who looks like the ass? the settlements will be a key discussion in the sharon-bush talks that are forthcoming, so we will see how hard sharon wants to play it.

aa

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Reborn:

""It amuses me that some people pride themselves on being so patriotic that they fail to realize they are blindly supporting a corrupt Administration.""

Reborn, your statement begs the question: What qualifies an Administration as "corrupt," and please give examples of Nations that are not, buy your standards.

The fact is you only offer a false choice. History shows that no one World Power meets your test. So what to do?

The real question is if the WMD are not in Iraq, where did they go?

""NBC reported: "Military teams searching for biological and chemical weapons in Iraq found three trailers believed to be mobile biological weapons labs capable of producing deadly germs for weapons.... The teams found the trailers in a bombed-out rocket and missile factory near Mosul in northern Iraq. One of the trailers was missing its canvas cover. Wheels and plumbing most likely taken by looters, but the essential parts, including a compressor and dryer needed to produce weapons grade anthrax, were intact." Sounds to me like we may have found some weapons of mass destruction! Sounds to me like we have the much ballyhooed "smoking gun," except as any idiot knows a "gun" doesn't smoke until it's fired which is what we went to war to stop. Of course, this could be a mobile fertilizer processor. AP still holds out hope it's not evidence of WMD, but NBC has reported the obvious.""

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

this is indeed the next test for the bush admin. (after the WMD issue).

we will see how strong the jewish lobby really is...(so far israel has not kept a single promise given at any peace conference).

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""we will see how strong the jewish lobby really is...(so far israel has not kept a single promise given at any peace conference""

Nor has Arafat, but look who he hangs out with!

""The implication of many settlement critics is that it would be better for peace if the West Bank were Judenrein. This idea would be called anti-Semitic if Jews were barred from living in New York, Paris or London; barring them from living in the West Bank, the cradle of Jewish civilization, would be no less objectionable.

Any peace settlement would inevitably permit Jews to live in the West Bank — just as Arabs today live in Israel. No Israeli government would be expected to enforce the kind of policies instituted by the British by which large areas of Palestine were declared off-limits to Jews.""

Photo of Palestinian child dressed as a suicide bomber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit