What other Shenanigans can we expect to see in the next 2 years?

by John Aquila 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Yeah... I once ranted in JW-archive about how Sister Rocha (thats how they call her) was a bad example. Everyone hated on me for judging sister Rocha. How could I criticize her for "dressing in a worldly manner and promoting a lifestyle that is contrary to Jehovahs high moral standards"
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    As far as I understand it, the "cost" of an assembly is not based on actual costs incurred for using the assembly hall, but it is a per publisher dollar amount that they are told to use. So if you have 1,500 publishers in a circuit and WT tells accounting that the cost is $10/publisher to use the assembly hall, then $15,000 will be added to the "costs" for that assembly plus any other actual costs incurred like office supplies or something.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    StarTrekAngel
    Ever wondered where the "cost" of an assembly comes from

I haven't read the post, but when I was an elder, I was in charge of accounting at the assemblies. Right before the elder's meeting after the assembly, I would get together with the assembly overseer and the CO and we always had more than enough money. But we would manipulate the wording to make it seem we were short. One time we had over $30,000 and the assembly overseer said; "if we tell the friends we've gotten this much, they will stop contributing" So we picked a number a few hundred dollars below actually costs and say those famous words; "Friends, we know you will do the right thing"

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    One time we had over $30,000 and the assembly overseer said; "if we tell the friends we've gotten this much, they will stop contributing" So we picked a number a few hundred dollars below actually costs

How did you justify that to yourself? I think that would have woke me up right away.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Oh by the way, the recurring donation was announced last year in a letter read to all congregations. I believe there was always some website where you could make credit card donations but now you can create an account in jw-org and setup a one time or recurrent monthly donation via credit card.

I must have missed that letter. I knew about the online donations. I've seen that several times when logging in, but I missed the recurring donation ability. Oh well, it doesn't matter to me as they'll never see another dime of my money.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    J.A., you've left in exciting times. I wouldn't be surprised if the building work actually does get underway, but in a shell game of sorts- close 4 or 5 Kingdom Halls on valuable properties to open 1 new Kingdom Hall for all of them. That way, they can focus on the preaching work since there are so many to mow the lawn and less maintenance on a new building in a rough part of town.

Expect AWAKE to go away or go 100% digital, maybe WATCHTOWER too. Conventions will be smaller and crammed into Assembly Halls way more than before. Expect Friday sessions to end (if they haven't already). Maybe they will start charging $3 to park a car at Assembly Halls and say you should NOT carpool to save money. Expect them to ask people to bring toilet paper to the Assembly Hall and take every single piece of food trash away with them instead of throwing it out there.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

How did you justify that to yourself? I think that would have woke me up right away.

It was for Jehovah!!!!!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

OnTheWayOut

J.A., you've left in exciting times.

Tell me about it, it’s been one freaking ride. The good thing though is that all the changes have made my decision a lot, lot easier. I have never doubted leaving because of all the crazy things they started doing right as soon as I left. They have actually help me leave the WT without any reservations.

Expect AWAKE to go away or go 100% digital, maybe WATCHTOWER too. Conventions will be smaller and crammed into Assembly Halls way more than before. Expect Friday sessions to end (if they haven't already).

I agree with your thoughts.

Maybe they will start charging $3 to park a car at Assembly Halls

They are already doing that where I live except it’s $7 per car. They did have some kind of fight because first they picked up the money at the Kingdom hall then when the friends went to the assembly, no one was asking for the parking tickets. So what happen to all the money they picked up at the Khall??????

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Wishfully thinking here... I do believe what you say, but I wish there was a way to show JWs the evidence that this is what goes on.

I agree with OnTheWayOut as far as cramming people into assemblies. However, in some areas it may be the contrary. I think that being the business people that they are, they know where they need to do that. In our circuit, we actually just got divided further and our assemblies are now smaller. This just happened in 2015. I think the reason for that is the opposite to what you are saying, while the goal is the same. Less people means more assemblies. More assemblies mean more money. If they fielded it and think they can actually squeeze more money out of the brothers, then they will divide.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    StarTrekAngel
    Wishfully thinking here... I do believe what you say, but I wish there was a way to show JWs the evidence that this is what goes on

Even if there was evidence, the members would just say, "OH MY" and life would continue like nothing happen. Like the old song use to say, "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize"

I'm actually am getting very pessimistic about waking them up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit