What other Shenanigans can we expect to see in the next 2 years?

by John Aquila 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

It’s been a little over 2 years since I left the Watchtower. In that time the magazines have been cut, the birth of JWTV, JW-ORG. – Carts for preaching, removed District Overseers, Cut assemblies, demand all the money from the congregations, stop construction and layoff bethelites, change the format of the TMSchool

What are we going to see in the next two years?

They are lousy at investing in the stock market, so I say they are going to get in the housing real-estate market.

They have to come up with new ways of making money.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

We all must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether or not they seem strategic from a human standpoint or not.

God knows.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I definitely see them suggesting a per publisher rate that the congregations should donate to WT each month similar to what they do for assemblies. I also see them setting up jw.org to allow publishers to setup automatic recurring donations.
  • steve2
    steve2

I have a hunch - and nothing to base it on - that the annual worldwide report on JWs, currently published in the JW Yearbook, will be changed in some way - or stopped altogether within the next 5 to 8 years. I acknowledge I am hedging my bets - and make no apologies for it is bloody hard to tell as any human will verify!

That said, remember the Report used to be prominently highlighted in the January 1st Watchtower then it was moved to the February 1st issue and now it only appears in the Yearbook.

As the centennary of 1914 recedes into the past, membership stagnation and even haemorrhaging will continue. It won't be spectacular but it will be chronic.The cart work has been an absolute failure in generating interest in the organization. The many stories about disinterested JWs staffing the carts and passerbsy not even noticing, let alone actually stopping (unless they are fellow Witnesses or - ahem - ex-JWs.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    the automatic recurrent doanation on jw-org already exists.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    tim3l0rd
    I definitely see them suggesting a per publisher rate that the congregations should donate to WT each month similar to what they do for assemblies.

I'm not familiar with that, but if the rate is $10 per publisher, they really can't enforce it can they? This is actually news to me.

StarTrekAngel
    the automatic recurrent doanation on jw-org already exists.
    Heck, I didn't know that either.
    steve2
    I have a hunch - and nothing to base it on - that the annual worldwide report on JWs, currently published in the JW Yearbook, will be changed in some way - or stopped altogether within the next 5 to 8 years

I can see that happening.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I believe the cart work is just a cover. They probably wish they could stop door to door preaching all together and put more resources on public preaching but they can't do it all suddenly. I think the carts will eventually fade and will be converted into JW stores. We will eventually see TV commercials and potentially full blown hollywood style movies, like "Fireproof" or "Heaven is for real"
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I believe someone posted some information as to what goes on behind the curtain during assemblies. Ever wondered where the "cost" of an assembly comes from? Someone claims that there is a per publisher cost to be included in the "deficit" report that is read out in assemblies. It is not always met but is counted as deficit for the next assembly and any other money that comes into the circuit account ( I am sure) has to be used to cover that first. I could be wrong, but I've always wondered, especially after we got our own AH in TX, why did the assemblies all of a sudden got so much more expensive. They used to be cost around $2,500 for a one day assembly, renting a school gym for example. As soon as we moved into our AH, the last one day assembly had a reported cost of $8,300. The last 3 day assembly, $13,000
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    StarTrekAngel
    We will eventually see TV commercials and potentially full blown hollywood style movies, like "Fireproof" or "Heaven is for real"

You know I thought about that, maybe even have some famous JW as a spokesperson Like Coco Rocha.

Image result for girl model jehovah witness

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Oh by the way, the recurring donation was announced last year in a letter read to all congregations. I believe there was always some website where you could make credit card donations but now you can create an account in jw-org and setup a one time or recurrent monthly donation via credit card.

Another tidbit that was new in our last assembly. Debit card machines used to seat at each side of the auditorium. This last time they announced there was another two additional machines. One in the lockers area (where you change before and after the plunge) and another one behind the platform, where all the elders and MS with assignments seat and wait their turn.

To me the above screams "Don't forget to thank Jehovah for your privileges and he will give you more"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit