What other Shenanigans can we expect to see in the next 2 years?

by John Aquila 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Tithing... (but they will say oh its not tithing)
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    LoveUniHateExams

If the GB do encourage this then they could also deal with issues re. married couples doing oral and having sex for pleasure by saying that 'New Light' shows us that sex should only be used for procreation.

I'd better stop now ... I don't want to be giving them ideas

Yes stop, one of my young jw friends would hate you because he just married someone that looks like this;

e5HUPtw

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Dropping off the Fri from the reg assy would be nice!

SL

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    What are we going to see in the next two years?

How's this for an optimistic suggestion? A major change will come not from the Watchtower but from our side. As you say John, WT have evolved dramatically and quickly, it's only a matter of time before before the Apostate community responds in a way beyond forums, Facebook groups and YouTube.

Real world interaction. It's coming.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    nicolaou
    A major change will come not from the Watchtower but from our side... it's only a matter of time before before the Apostate community responds in a way beyond forums, Facebook groups and YouTube.

Real world interaction. It's coming.

I never thought of that.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Conventions will go to 2 days but will somehow cost more.

Doesn't matter what they "cost" nowadays because the don't announce the costs or donations for the 3 day RCs anymore. At least, they haven't at any of the ones I've been to in the last 2-3 years. They simply make an announcement that you can donate if you appreciate the convention.

If the GB do encourage this then they could also deal with issues re. married couples doing oral and having sex for pleasure by saying that 'New Light' shows us that sex should only be used for procreation.
    I'd better stop now ... I don't want to be giving them ideas

Please do. They actually covered oral and anal at an elders training just a few years ago. What they covered in the training got back to my wife and caused some.... uh.... problems. Had to do a lot of additional research to make those problems go away. I'm glad that they haven't covered it with the congregation in a WT since the 80s.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Doesn't matter what they "cost" nowadays because the don't announce the costs or donations for the 3 day RCs anymore. At least, they haven't at any of the ones I've been to in the last 2-3 years. They simply make an announcement that you can donate if you appreciate the convention.

I was joking about it costing more, you're right that they don't do an accounts report at the conventions. When they went from 2 day assemblies to 1 day, it did end up "costing" more for the first 1 day assembly, though.

While we're on the topic, though, I wouldn't be surprised if they started announcing at the meetings (or passing one of those "unanimous" resolutions) that there was a deficit at a recent convention and that they needed to send some amount of money to the branch to help "offset the cost." This will then be broken down to a per-publisher figure and suggested that they donate to offset the money that they're already sending to the branch.

Since they invite the public to conventions, though, they can't do the accounts report there.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    tim3l0rd
    They actually covered oral and anal at an elders training just a few years ago.

Not again,

I was around in the 70s-80s when they said it was wrong for married couples. I saw a lot of divorces because it was considered fornication. Heck, I still know some old sisters who were divorced by their husbands and kicked out into the curb and then the men married younger wives. The sisters are still single.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    OneEyedJoe
    I wouldn't be surprised if they started announcing at the meetings (or passing one of those "unanimous" resolutions) that there was a deficit at a recent convention and that they needed to send some amount of money to the branch to help "offset the cost." This will then be broken down to a per-publisher figure and suggested that they donate to offset the money that they're already sending to the branch.

OEJ, I hope Lett isn't listening to this conversation.

Image result for steven lett jehovah witness pic

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Monthly "pledged" donations for the purchasing of Regional Translation Centers, aka, high value residential properties. Also, a massive consolidation/sales of "money pit" Kingdom Hauls", with a decree to drive to centralized Ass Halls more often. More printing of litteratrash by the individual R&F.

Jeehoober says, "Pass the expense on to the sheeple! I'm going F'N BROKE!!"

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit