What other Shenanigans can we expect to see in the next 2 years?

by John Aquila 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They will switch out the GB's eyes for hyponotist spinning wheels in the broadcast videos.

There will be goat shaped demons, phalic symbols and dollars signs hidden in the big blue spinning globe -or is there already........

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

I'm pretty sure they are out of money for two reasons. First, they are now setting up a reserve for contingent liability related to child abuse and this amount is likely to be staggering because the snowball has just begun to roll down the hill. Second, the new Kingdom Hall construction in addition to Warwick was planned without full financial modeling, in my opinion. Once they realized that the new commerical-style construction would be much more expensive than regular KH construction AND that they were going to have to support hundreds of special-full time servants in the field for the new LDC work, I think the gig was up and all non-essential spending had to stop.

Regional conventions and circuit assemblies are consistent cash flow so they likely won't be changed, but I believe that very little KH construction will commence in the US branch territory for years. There will be one or wo new style KHs built in the most crowded areas to make it appear there is progress, but little else. Also, I believe we're about to see the most massive consolidation of congregations and facilities ever within the next six months. Bonus: less COs will be required in the US branch territory. Too bad to elders who like prominence - less open "special" positions for you. Other elders will be relieved to not have "special" privileges and can throttle back.

As for door-to-door ministry, since their financial base depends on growth and it isn't happening from door-to-door, I think they will phase it out as others have mentioned. Some other ploy more like Scientology uses for recruiting might be in the works.

Just my $0.02.

CC

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    The elders will become nothing more than glorified ushers at the GB shows each week.
  • sherrie11
    sherrie11

I think the door to door work will go. In this day and age its just not politcally correct to go around knocking on peoples doors. There are insurance issues occupational health and saftety along with the orgs own pedaphile problem. The carts will stay for a while.

I agree that they will use there JW tv at the meetings to make up for the lack of elders and Ms's.

I also agree they will become more and more like Scientology.

• j dubb
    j dubb
    I was around in the 70s-80s when they said it was wrong for married couples. I saw a lot of divorces because it was considered fornication.

1983 service meeting part; I was a young teenager in that audience. boy that was awkwarrrrddd.....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They will be forced to perform real charity by the Superior Authorities, and will spin it as progressive! Then Dubs will exchange field circus hours for soup kitchen hours. Top Elders and their wives will get the best jobs like, administrative duties, while the lower class will peel potatoes and clean bathrooms. Of course there will still be "field circus", which will consist of Dubs sitting at tables or manning carts to hand out flyers to the homeless.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sam Herd taught me that oral and anal sex were bad. I was in my early teens when he gave that age-inappropriate talk at a convention.

As an INTP, I immediately began a thorough investigation of the subject.

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

They'll start dressing like this to the meetings and field service:

And the Kingdom Halls will get an architectural remake:

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    They will keep the trolleys going for a long time its an easy way to get the 70 hours a month in,they dont pester people as much as when they are going from door to door and because they have so may old teaching books and magazines from years ago,just today i got a book that was printed in 2012 and a magazine that was printed in 2010.they will have many more child abuse claims that will cost them many more millions and they will start selling kingdon halls off
  • Sabin
    Sabin

John Aquila, or anybody really, when I was younger (in the good old days) I used to volunteer at every assembly serving teas & coffee, everyone used to buy tickets at the congregation from the elders, Like $1 = 1 ticket, & so 2 tickets gets you a coffee. I remember 100`s of those tickets going through my hands. Do you think that they were making a profit out of that, charging more for the tickets than was necessary? only there was no choice, no ticket no drink. I remember we all thought how wonderful it was that these things were all being taken care of before hand but now I think about it what difference would it have made, 2 tickets or $2. they were ripping us off weren't they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit