What other Shenanigans can we expect to see in the next 2 years?

by John Aquila 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@Dunedain- " They have no clue what they are doing."

I think they know exactly what they are doing. Their WT universe has come about by design , not accident.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I believe someone posted some information as to what goes on behind the curtain during assemblies. Ever wondered where the "cost" of an assembly comes from? Someone claims that there is a per publisher cost to be included in the "deficit" report that is read out in assemblies. It is not always met but is counted as deficit for the next assembly and any other money that comes into the circuit account ( I am sure) has to be used to cover that first. I could be wrong, but I've always wondered, especially after we got our own AH in TX, why did the assemblies all of a sudden got so much more expensive.

(Caveat: I'm posting before reading all 5 pages).

This is exactly right. The Circuit (or Circuit A or B if split) is charged on a per publisher basis for use of the Assm Hall. Our rate used to be about $6/per pub PER DAY for a Cir Assm. It has recently increased, but I do not know the exact amount (no longer an elder, so everything is hush-hush). It has been said here that an "equalizing" was to be put into effect and assess $10.50 per pub per day across the US at all AssmHalls. That is ONLY for the use of the facility. It doesn't include costs for a visiting speaker from Bethel (travel costs, etc), or extra bills payable by the Circuit, or willy-nilly things that the CO wants (new computer), etc etc.

Any excess goes to WTS. Any deficit and the Circuit sends a "bill" to each Cong demanding payment to pay off the deficit on a cost per publisher basis.

Cir Assemblies at Assm Halls are HUGE profiteering for WTS.

Doc

• Sabin
    Sabin
    1fingersalute, I am so sorry they did that to you, I don't know why it still surprises me but it does. There was a young sister D in the cong I was in, I got up to go to the ladies, saw her looking sad & down so as I walked past I winked bent down & squeezed her arm. Her mum told me down the line that she went out to her car & sobbed cause she thought nobody cared bout her. I would have said something to that elder in your defense had I been at that meeting, discipline is one thing cruelty is quite something else. I have been D`d myself I was never treated this way, I was sure of my brother`s & sister`s, that they cared about what happened to me. But the one`s I`m surrounded by now BASTARDS! wouldn't call an ambulance if your were run down in front of them. I am coming to the conclusion that JW love to hate people. I think a lot of the old ones who came under the influence of Ray Franz had a kindness that is lacking in the lot we have today. Hug for you.
  • Splash
    Splash

I'm sure there's a long list of coming changes.

All I can say is “What you are doing, do it more quickly.” (John 13:27)

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

I suspect a much greater emphasis on cart witnessing, door to door evangelism is not effective with bringing people to the kingdom halls.

I also suspect changes in the way people are disfellowshipped. DF'd people are much more of a liability to the religion then minor forms of punishment. They will be a lot more lenient with people going foreword. I say that because it makes business sense, and we all know, the business comes first, not theology or integrity to their interpretation of scripture.

I also suspect automatic payments [monthly] to be an option on the website. This is the next logical step foreword for monetary contributions.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Saved_JW - "They will be a lot more lenient with people going foreword."

Not a snowball's chance in Hell.

They will be even more ruthless.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

I do not think they will change anything that reduces the total time spent on the JW activities, thats part of keeping control, just keep everybody busy so they have no time to think about anything or research anything. The house to house work stays, even-though it makes no sense.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "I think they know exactly what they are doing."

They're making increasingly weird and stupid decisions on purpose?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Vidiot - you seem to be forgetting, their decisions are only weird and stupid from a sane human's standpoint. Duh!
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Plus, I believe they make and plan their decisions well in advance of when they are officially revealed to the brothers.

What I haven't figured out yet is where this is all leading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit