What other Shenanigans can we expect to see in the next 2 years?

by John Aquila 94 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    lol. I know. It seems impossible at times. I just had a conversation with my wife during lunch. This is the first time I straight out tell her I believe JWs are a cult. I have hinted it to her but never had used the word cult and JW in the same phrase when talking to her.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

StarTrekAngel

This is the first time I straight out tell her I believe JWs are a cult. I have hinted it to her but never had used the word cult and JW in the same phrase when talking to her.

Continue..............................

What happened!!!!!!!!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

1914 is going to go.

And I predict something as crass as this: Although we cannot say for certain that 1914 was the EXACT time of Christ's invisible return, all the evidence from that time onwards and through the rest of the 20th Century tells us indisputably that he has invisibly returned and is reigning as King.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Pubsinger
    1914 is going to go

I wish,

but I think that's asking for to much.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Well, the conversation was surrounded around my very first therapy session that just happened last Monday. She was more open to whatever I had to say because she just realized shit is getting real. I told the therapist and had already told her before that I believe I am having symptoms of PTSD. She asked why and we went over the same arguments again. Lies, deception, the fact that she is accepting lies from a stranger (namely the GB), etc etc

I think she has flashes of awakening but so far has a hard time accepting that there are less and less differences between this religion and any other.

Trust me, I don't have it as a bad as others. My wife is cool. If you gave her some space she could probably rant against the GB (I've heard her a couple of times) But I just wish we could be on the same page because the real part that troubles me the most are my kids (ages 7 and 11) which are growing up believing a fairy tale. My wife wants them to have some sort of spirituality. I am not against that. The problem is that this level of indoctrination will eventually, if and when they wake up, have them severely disappointed with their upbringing, with the resulting consequences (depression, self steem, etc) and could include resentment against parents.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    StarTrekAngel

I think she has flashes of awakening

Thanks for that, I know I can't give up hope. Something might happen to wake up those we love.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I believe someone posted some information as to what goes on behind the curtain during assemblies. Ever wondered where the "cost" of an assembly comes from? Someone claims that there is a per publisher cost to be included in the "deficit" report that is read out in assemblies. It is not always met but is counted as deficit for the next assembly and any other money that comes into the circuit account ( I am sure) has to be used to cover that first. I could be wrong, but I've always wondered, especially after we got our own AH in TX, why did the assemblies all of a sudden got so much more expensive. They used to be cost around $2,500 for a one day assembly, renting a school gym for example. As soon as we moved into our AH, the last one day assembly had a reported cost of $8,300. The last 3 day assembly, $13,000

The "per publisher" cost is definitely real. The last assembly that I went to, they gave the accounts report to an idiot (or maybe he's a genius if he's awake....but he definitely seems like an idiot) from my former congregation. He literally got up there, announced the cost and then explained that the reason it was higher was because the branch had increased the per-publisher cost for our assembly. This was his first (and probably last) time doing the accounts report at an assembly and I think what happened was that he didn't realize how the cost was done and he asked and got this answer and thought it was some interesting trivia to pass on to everyone.

Instead of the Awake going away, I think the public watchtower will go away and only the Awake will be used. It makes more sense for them to do this because there's so much more baggage associated with the WT name.

Conventions will go to 2 days but will somehow cost more. The trend of more and more videos will continue and I expect that soon the public talk will be a talk from a GB member or helper that will be played on Sunday (probably starting with a few "special" occasions and then going to once a month)

I agree that the stats report will probably change like what they did in the KM. Before it was all the statistics for the previous month (publishers, pioneers, studies, placements, etc) and now it's just one or two highlights so that they can cherry pick the good stats and ignore all the stats that demonstrate their decline.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think maybe having larger families will be encouraged - especially in the West.

It might not be an outright command in the latest watchtower but it might be hinted at, implied or said off-the-record, in order to ensure WT growth in countries that have stable or decreasing JW numbers.

If the GB do encourage this then they could also deal with issues re. married couples doing oral and having sex for pleasure by saying that 'New Light' shows us that sex should only be used for procreation.

I'd better stop now ... I don't want to be giving them ideas

• Warwickslave
    Warwickslave
    I think they will stream public talks from the gb or helpers once a month, for the public meeting. The RP hours will be adjusted from 70-60 and AP from 50-30. The CO visit will be once a year.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

OneEyedJoe

This was his first (and probably last) time doing the accounts report at an assembly

LOL!!!

Image result for pic of someone dumb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit