Back from the Memorial

by ScoobySnax 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    They looked a pretty good bunch to me, and I'm not easily fooled by crap. I just wanted you amongst all the negatives here, to know.

Good for you. I really mean that. I'm glad you have had many positive experiences.

I don't think anyone has ever said there is not one single decent person in the religion. What people have done here is report their experiences as Witnesses. Other people have pointed out where the teachings are flawed and faulty. Others still have talked about some policies that are not just wrong, but truly harmful to those still in the religion.

But Scooby I'm not sure where you're coming from. This site is devoted to allowing people to talk about their experiences as Jehovah's Witnesses without fear of disfellowshipping. If the majority of the posts are negative, doesn't that say more about the religion than the individual? At some point, one must acknowledge that the religion has damaged a great many people. You've said many times that you have not seen or been touched by what others have. I'm glad for you. Realize not everyone has been so lucky.

• wasasister
  • JH
    JH
    Attending the memorial tonight was an eye opener, so many people, those who've been in the truth for years, and alot of new faces I didn't even recognise were there.

If you go back Sunday, half of them won't be there. That's what I hate about special events and memorials, it's like a big show.

Well, if it makes Jesus happy, it was worth it.

• wasasister
  • wasasister
    wasasister

West coast here...I'll be leaving in about an hour to attend with my JW daughter. Not long ago, I told her that the Memorial meant nothing at all to me, but that if it was important to her, I would go with her. She asked me anyway. I wonder why she would want me there, knowing what she now knows. Maybe I can be saved by proxy?

I will see some good people there; and I will see the conniving elders that allowed my ex-husband to get drunk, valdalize my home and car, throw things at me and his own daughter, and then get remarried in a Kingdom Hall after I threw his sorry ass out. I will also see many of the people who gossiped about me after I stopped attending meetings - even thought they had known me as a good and decent sister for many years.

Despite all of that, I will walk proudly into the auditorium (being held outside the KH this year) and sit for an hour next to my daughter, hear a silly repetative lecture, pass crackers and wine without tasting either, sing along with some very lame music...and come home knowing I've spent one evening out of 365 to make my kid smile.

Cheers,

Wasa

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

JW tactical love bombing!!! LOL oh silly ol me, and I never saw it coming! You know, thats whats annoys me most about this forum. its like if you aren't in the "out" group then you must be stupid. Its like you must be blind until you can slag them off whole sale like the majority here. only then are you accepted. I know for a fact there are many here who aren't so short sighted, and know that all is not so black and white, in or out. Big Tex, I do realise that maybe, I stumbled upon a good congregation of bro's and sisters.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Wasa.....filled with so much contempt and hate, I wonder why you bother attending at all, and I pity your daughter, my love goes out to her. You could always sit at home here and continue on the forum you know...

• wasasister
  • wasasister
  • wasasister
    wasasister

Scooby: you have seriously misjudged me. I am filled with neither anger, nor hate. I am very happy in my life and do not wish ill towards anyone. Otherwise, why would I attend the Service tonight?

I am being honest about a few completely hypocritical individuals. They exist in every group. Among this group are also some of the best people I know. The fact that most of them cannot associate with me because they believe lies is not something I worry about. It is their loss and also not their fault.

You really should get to know a person a little better before you make such sweeping statements. You are completely wrong here.

Wasa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit