Back from the Memorial

by ScoobySnax 112 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Well like I say, just got back from the Memorial, have been going most years, but this year I went by chance (knew it was roughly at 7pm at the nearest KH) to my old congregation that I grew up in. I didn't find the "evil" people spoke of here on this forum, or those too stupid to see. All I did see was people I hadn't seen in years, and let me tell you, what lovely people they were. In my job as Ward manager of a busy acute surgical ward I meet lots of people day in day out, I get to see good people and assholes too, its all under the umbrella of the good ol NHS that I work for. I think as a nurse, you develop a good idea of people who are genuine and those who are not. Attending the memorial tonight was an eye opener, so many people, those who've been in the truth for years, and alot of new faces I didn't even recognise were there.

The nicest thing was to have old friends come up and say hello, some squashed my hand tightly, others smiled, some engaged me in conversation, others just gave me a squeeze on my shoulder. All I did meet though said how lovely it was to see me again. I think its ok here on this forum to disagree with JW theology, or understanding of scripture, but, and I say a big BUT!!! Don't try and say that JWs are a bad/evil/mislead, or just trying to rope me back in. They looked a pretty good bunch to me, and I'm not easily fooled by crap. I just wanted you amongst all the negatives here, to know.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

That's nice, when are your going to wake up from your dream?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I'm not easily fooled by crap.

I disagree. I think you are easily fooled by crap, hence your cluelessness.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

See what I mean.... this is the sort of reply I get, I'm in a dream , course I imagined the whole evening, yes.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hey buddy, what time zone are you in. Why are you back so soon, how come you are not associating with the big pizza and booze party after the memorial?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Jane....lol, who says I'm not taking part in the pizza and booze job right now?!!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Be on the alert for new JW High Precision Tactical Love Bombs* !!!

They are able to target individual Memorial attendees WITHOUT any collateral damage - so no love is able to be spread to normal members of the congregation.

Pope

* (JW High Precision Tactical Love Bombs are a product of RandCam Corporation)

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Like xjw says, "you're full of sh$t"

• JH
    JH

ScoobySnax,

The JW can be very friendly when they want to. It just takes one word from the elders and everything turns around as you know.

BTW, did you partake?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Yes, they probably are a "pretty good bunch". I have people that I love dearly in that prison. But don't think for a minute, that when push comes to shove, a dedicated Jehovah's Witness would not sell their entire family and all their friends into slavery to save their own ass from their insane and vengeful god. Don't let the smiles and hugs fool you. JamesT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit