Was There Ever A Circuit Overseer That You Couldn't Stand?

by minimus 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Bloody 'ell bigmac, you must be nearly as old as I am.

Ron Drage: Relating an experience at a circuit assembly: -

Householder"I hear you think the world is going to end in 1975"

R D"Madame, if it doesn't, you won't see me again"

Never met anyone who thought more of himself.

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ slidin fast---i'm 65 next birthday. was dipped at 14. left school at 15--pioneering at 16 (window cleaning !) servant at 18---and doing public talks: home & away.

it was listening to the speeches by ron drage that persuaded me to go pioneering. i lasted 5 months.

i once asked him--at a circuit assembly--how "we" prove a creative day was 7000 years long. he told me to read the publications.

it was the 7000 year thing that really got me to start doubting--but thats going off-topic .

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

bigmac you have a PM.

• minimus
    minimus

Herd was our DO. In Mass.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Micheal Purbrick was one of the biggest dicks during my time as a Dub , a short man decked out in tailor made suits, neurotic clearly unhappy quiet wife, dietary requirements, you could never abbreviate his first name it was always Micheal, had a thing about my wife( well my wife had a thing for all CO's) and apparently spoke about me not being spiritual enough for her. Went through an entire visit until he was reassigned, D.O. I believe now.

• hoser
    hoser

Micheal Puredick? never heard of him.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Bro. Mulrath (Muelrath? Meulrath?) He was extremely pompous. He made our congregation go into huge debt to remove 2 pillars on the stage holding the roof up. The KH was one of the very first built exclusively as a KH, it even had a hideous 'watch tower' built onto the front. After about 40 years of existance, with pillars on the stage, they suddenly became taboo. Because of those pillars being on the stage, our KH couldn't host 'pioneer school'. Ironically, the next KH south of ours, about 10 miles, had just been built extra large to accomodate having pioneer schools for our circuit!

We had to have engineers come in to figure out how the pillars could be safely removed. An engineered beam had to be threaded through the attic. It was a huge mess, and a huge expense for absolutely nothing.

He was militant too: While giving a talk at the circuit assembly he said, "Some brothers are getting divorced because they have fallen out of love with their spouse. Fall back." How idiotic. Being in love with someone is an emotional response. One cannot demand someone love because they said so. There are a lot of people who don't love their spouse, but make the best of the situation for their own personal reasons, reasons that are important enough to make them stay. But there are those who feel their current situation is so unbearable, that they are willing to risk their own financial, emotional, and physical futures to get 'the hell out of Dodge'.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

I remember Kin and MaryJo Suen very well. Late '70s in the Seattle area. I ended up typing up notes for his talks at the KH and he really took

a liking to me and went so far as to say "Can you be patient?" Implying that eventually he would get rid of Mary Jo and we would be together? WTF?

I was trying to leave the JW's and he actually stalked me to my new apartment in Seattle to offer "encouragement". Of course none of my family believed me and told me I must be mistaken since a DO would never do anything like that. Yeah right! MaryJo was fun however. They liked to drink a lot too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit