SEE THE REAL FACE OF THE WAR IN IRAQ, SEE THE HORROR

by justhuman 102 Replies latest social current

• Zep
    Zep
    Can anyone name the only country to ever deploy true Weapons of Mass Detruction ... and on Civilian cities at that?

The same one that decided to drop it on a huge city killing 250,000 plus people. Never could understand why they didn't just drop it on some under-populated area. And then just before the japs could surrender they drop another one...but that only killed 40,000.

Also interesting to note how the US loves to critisize Iraq for killing kurds. Though at the time they did it they couldn't really careless. They also have funded the turks with mililtary hardware to do the same.

Can anyone name the country who, at the height of the indonesian massacre of the east timorese, sold massive amounts of military hardware to the indonesians in full knowledge of what the indonesians where doing in 75?

Saddam is a nasty SOB and it will be good to see the back of him, hats off to US troops. But the god damn self righteousness of the USA is rather hollow ultimately

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    Since the media in U.S show nothing about the war in Iraq, and Bush's administration censor everything that is "bad' for the puplic

What about the live feeds from the imbedded reporters?? I've watched battles for crying out loud on the news live.

No it's just a fact that the anti-war protestors just hate Bush to the point of support for a regime that has killed more of it's own people then we will ever hurt or kill in this war.

Now that is a damn shame.

-Rick

• gumby
    gumby
    you can justify anything you want but cannot tell me that somehow whatever you do is approved by the God of the bible

Heathen,

Why wouldn't he approve? The god of the bible killed civilians too......lot's of them! He killed more women and babies than Suddam did/has. Did you know that? Or did those HE murdered deserve it more? If I remember correct....the little children and babies of the pagan nations that the god of the bible killed were innocent......they didn't know anything else.

Gumby

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    Can anyone name the only country to ever deploy true Weapons of Mass Detruction ... and on Civilian cities at that?

While this is not popular and is always overlooked. I must say that as bad as it was to use the nukes in Japan, it sure as hell ended that part of the war to allow us to concentrate on saving Europes ass from the Nazis now didn't it??

-Rick

• Xena
    Xena

Well personally I would have to say not a proud day in American history....history being as in something done in the past and there is nothing we can do to atone for it...what we can do is try to ensure that it never happens again, either by us or by another country.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    Did they matter to you, before we invaded Iraq?

Yes, Comf, they did and they do. Then,again, the protests have never really been about the people of Iraq.

If you assert that we are right to be in Iraq because of Hussein's torture and death squads, then you obligate us to invade every country with a government that commits criminal acts against its citizens, and overthrow that government

I'm not asserting anything. Just a statement and the truth. Where did I once say I was in favor of invasion? Whether, or not, we have the "right" to be there is not a subject that I broached in my post. What I get from you is black and white. Either we are involved with everyone, or with no one. Well, ok dokey. For me, these subjects are complicated and there is no "one size fits all" answer.

That this is going to establish a pattern of the US invading any country it's deems against it's interests and can do it at will.

Whoops... that's what you just advocated.

I advocated NOTHING, Sir. I merely shared an observation and hopefully some AMERICANS can understand why Europe, and much of the rest of the world, is so opposed to our actions in Iraq. Americans just don't seem to be getting it. Not that it would change anything, necessarily.

I regret that you did not recognize the neutrality of my post.

Andee

• Simon
    Simon
    Sure I can. The same country that by doing so ended WWII.
    While this is not popular and is always overlooked. I must say that as bad as it was to use the nukes in Japan, it sure as hell ended that part of the war to allow us to concentrate on saving Europes ass from the Nazis now didn't it??

Erm ... you may want to read the article I linked to before making statements like that. It is what you have been tought to believe ... but it ain't the truth! This claim that it ended the war and saved millinos just saves having to face the reality that the USA did a very bad thing.

They were dropped on civilian cities of no military significance when they knew Japan was about to surrender. They wanted to use their new bomb.

My personal feelings regarding the invasion of Iraq have been very conflicted. My primary concern, now, comes with the aftermath. Since W.W.II the US does not have a very good record with establishing stable democratic governments. I worry that this will destabilize more an already very unstable region. And I fear that this will only lead to more war and more killing, and maming, of innocents.

Exactly how I feel. America is good at fighting wars and selling showing off it's weapons but does tend to mess up the governments that it doesn't like. The Iraqi people should be free to install whatever government they want even if this includes one that does not want anything to do with certain western nations.

But, you all are right. War has never solved anything, except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism and communism.

So ... you really think a country "being communist" is worth fighting a war over?!

Goodbye, Simon Hound.

ha ha ... that is sooooo clever - they way you combined my name with Trauma Hound !! I'm just SO impressed.

Re: the reporting of the war. Has the video of the bombed US / Kurdish convoy been shown there yet? Before you start shouting "AlJazeera" .... it was the BBC. It's not a great picture as the cameraman's blood is dripping on the lens.

• Simon
    Simon

Perhaps the problem that many Americans see as "America bashing" is that we see a total unwillingness or inability for many Americans to ever admit that their country has done or can ever do anything wrong.

Listening to some people reminds me so much of the Watchtower and it's followers - anything and everything is justified and "explained". I wonder if this common mindset is what makes the WTS so successful in the USA compared to the rest of the world?

Nearly all countries have done bad things and I'll be the first to stand up and say Britain has committed attrocities which we are ashamed of, I'm sure other people in other countries will too. Yet it is very rare to hear an American expres something like this - everything they do is "right" and justified even if they later change to the totally opposite side, they are still "right" then. Like doctrinal flip-flops but no admittance of change or error.

Strange.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I’m glad that the anti-war protesters can freely voice their opinions. It would be very distressing if they could not. I am thankful that I live in a somewhat free society.

I do not like war. I believe that every option should be explored before choosing the option of war. It is possible that more time and more inspections could have forced Saddam to comply with the UN sanctions. But, it is more likely that he would have just continued to play the same games that he has been playing for the last 12 years. Ultimately something would have to be done.

There is no denying that the US may have interests other than destroying Saddam’s WMD and freeing the Iraqi people. The US is focusing attention on these concepts, to rally support for the war. Most who support the war effort, realize that there are hidden agendas, but accept the two main reasons a sufficient in justifying this action.

It seems that anti-war protesters are more concerned about putting down the current administration than protesting the war. Sure, we all had fun complaining about the antics of the last President, but I don’t remember the absolute hatred that I’m currently seeing toward this President. Refresh my memory if I’m wrong, but was there this much hatred directed at Clinton administration during the Bosnia action?

I’m just glad that Saddam isn’t our president, or we would all be complaining.

Whoops, I forgot, if Saddam were president, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

pseudo

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

What many here seem to enjoy forgetting is exactly what kind of person and regime we are dealing with over there. Yes all nations including america have made mistakes, and done things in war they probably shouldn't have. However, how many kill thousands, and thousands of their own? Read this article and realize who the true villian is, and his name is NOT George.

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit