I RENOUNCE MY ASSOCIATION WITH JWS

by REALNESS 109 Replies latest jw friends

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

It is my pleasure to announce i have terminated my membership of the Jehovahs wittnesses. I shall be formally making this statement known to my congregation at tomorrow nights meeting after i have taken the ministry school.

For many years i have developed my own thoughts on religion and this along with the information i have learned here and on other sites has convinced me that i can no longer live teaching the bollocks the wtbs. For the last 6 months i have been living a lie, i have known full well the utter nonsense of the wtbs teachings(some i still believe in). More impotantly i have seen and read the devastating emotional and physical effect of jehovahs so called organization on earth. I feel throughly disgusted by the emotional torture that has brought to so many peoples lives by this harlot, the control these buggered up old men in brooklyn try to install is sickening and i no longer wish to be part of this godless man made religion.

I have never been a perfect wittness, i have always tried to be liberal and fair with everyone, however i can no longer stand by and watch the twisting of scripture along with the mental anguish inflicted on people by my fellow elders at the direction of this phoney religion.

I dont know what i am going to say tomorrow exactly however i have prepared some documents on the UN scandal (it is relatively unknown to most) and other subjects, along with my reasons for leaving, which i shall be mailing tomorrow(arrival friday).

I have been defending the wtbs on here, however my heart has not been in it and i can not continue this lie. It has been a last throw of the dice to see if i can defend the ilogical, which is purley imposible.

I thank every one here for posting you have made me laugh, cry and angry over the last 6 months since i have been visiting. I have now made a fundamental decsion and can say in public that i think for myself, rather than hide my thoughts and feelings from my brothers(ex).

Realness-jay an EXJW.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Jay, your decision and these statements are rather out of character with what I've seen from you here. Nevertheless, I'm glad to give you every benefit of doubt and wish you well/assist you in any way I can, in transforming your life. My own life-changes are recent enough to be very strongly in view; your struggle will not be easy, but it will be worth it.

Craig

• Soledad
    Soledad

hi fives Realness!

I guess your post will make the scrolling marquee?

• hillary_step
  • Prisca
    Prisca

If this is not another one of your jokes, then I'm very pleased to hear it. I got the impression from your posts over the past week or so that your heart wasn't fully in it. AND you have a sense of humour - that's good to see!

Looking forward to getting to know the real you.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Its an emotional roller coaster REALNESS. I lean strongly towards believing you in this post. I hope you will feel strong enough to stand by your convictions, don't waver. My email is open if you feel the need to talk about things. Its a bumpy road over the next few weeks.

All the best, thinking of ya

Brummie

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

Onacruse: I understand your statements.......

I will however say that the posts i have been making here were one last attempt to justify and prove to myself the "truth". I have found this impossible to do without lying to myself.

Realness.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I have found this impossible to do without lying to myself.

Now I definately believe you! Thats one of the last bridges we all have to cross. Being honest with ourselves is a definate crossroads.

Congratulations REAL, you got real!

Brummie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I will however say that the posts i have been making here were one last attempt to justify and prove to myself the "truth".

Been there. Welcome to the real world. It's full of pleasures to satisfy and horrors to repulse; but it's not for the timid.

"You've just taken your first step into a larger world." -- Alec Guiness, Star Wars

• onacruse
    onacruse

Jay, welcome to the Survivors I too hit that spot, several years ago, where I couldn't live with the hypocrite I had become. However, I didn't have the guts to totally step away from my lifelong and all-family-is-in religion. I paid the price with a piece of my soul.

I'm glad you've chosen to take the higher ground.

Again, welcome!

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit