Evolution is a Fact #1 - Protein Functional Redundancy

by cofty 291 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    He would gladly debate them in a professional manner. But Aron tells you in the video he posted that he was against that.

Absolutely.

1. Aaronra makes the point that if there was any credibility to ANY creationists position they could submit papers for peer review.

2. Hovind lost all credibility when he went to jail for tax fraud. He was never in the game to begin with, so why give him any credibility now?

Which if you read my original post on Dawkins was my exact point in the first place.

• James Brown
    James Brown
    If you believe in evolution you believe you came from a rock.

If you believe in creationism you definitely believe you came from a rock.

You clearly have not thought about your position thoroughly at all.

I get what your saying there. God created Adam from the dust of the ground. Theoretically a rock or stardust.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Gen 2:7 King James.

The bible says God formed man from the dust of the ground (I will give you rock there) and breathed into his nostrils life.

The evolutionist do not believe God was involved they don't believe God formed man they believe all life came from a rock and had a common ancestor.

And the evolutionist do not believe God breathed into man life.

The evolutionist just believe that man came from the rocks or stardust with no God involved.

Man and mans cells are much to complicated for that.

There is no way we could be here without a designer.

And you wont except that because if there is a designer there are laws and rules and you don't want to accept or follow his rules so you spend all your energy trying to find a loop hole or an argument that God doesn't exist.

And you will probably take some other fools with you.

I bet you Cofty has hundreds on the highway to hell.

And He probably doesn't even know it.

The bible says man is willfully ignorant of God making the earth and the flood. 2Peter 3:5

So if you ever wondered why there are so many stupid people that explains it right there.

They are willfully ignorant because they enjoy living in sin. And sin is why we have all the problems we have today.

So when people die and they wanted to live in sin and deny God, it makes sense to me that they would go to hell a place of darkness and eternal cutting off. Because such people said no to God. They didn't want to be with God.

They never took the time to realize that there separation from God was reason for all the problems they faced.

God allows free will. Why would he want to make someone live with him in heaven who a) didn't believe in him b)couldn't stand the thought of him c) never sought after him after they received the miracle of life.

• James Brown
    James Brown
    I have a hard time believing you watched all of Hovinds videos.

I have listened to many hours of Hovind. Either his knowledge of evolutionary biology is woeful or he is deceitful.

Unless you have read some science books on the topic it would be easy to fall for his sophistry.

I have read Anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 college Biology and chemistry Psychology 1 and 2. Algebra, trig, calculus, those are the basics the textbooks of the facts everything after that is theoretical imaginative.

Your evolutionary Gods went to many years of schooling and brainwashing to come to be deluded that man the earth the universe the sun the stars came into being without a designer.

You don't have to go to church or be an ex jw to believe there was a designer God, creator. That is the default position we all start from.

You have to go to school read lots of stupid books for years to ever get deluded and brainwashed enough to believe there is no God, creator, designer.

I don't know if it is all the tv you watch, the movies, the chemtrails they spray in the sky or like the bible says you are willfully ignorant.

I retired from working in the county jails as a correction officer. I know one thing everybody has and is working an angle.

Either you are after dirty money or dirty sex. That is always the bottom line.

But if you are after the truth you know there is a God.

Most everybody here knew there was a God once and then they rebelled.

I think everyone is right to rebel against the watchtower but its not right to rebel against God.

The watchtower was part of your journey and growth as a human.

So which of the 7 deadly sins makes you deny your creator?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

James,

The evolutionist do not believe God was involved they don't believe God formed man they believe all life came from a rock and had a common ancestor.

Well first was the rocks see... and THEN came a common ancestor (just to be clear). And you would also need some water. And Nitrogen. And Carbon. And Hydrogen. So rocks are more for the trace elements found in life.

What if God started the whole universal process of evolution? (Cosmic and Biological) But that would not square with Genesis now would it? Which brings me to my next point.

No, those are atheists. Evolution has absolutely nothing to say about the existence of God. It is true that both Cofty and I are atheists, but many theists are evolutionists. Creationists get into a pickle because they equate the idea that if evolution is true then it means that God does not exist. They get into this quandary because of the first three chapters of Genesis which they choose to interpret literally. Evolution is quiet on the subject of God and describes a naturally occurring process.

Man and mans cells are much to complicated for that. There is no way we could be here without a designer.

I know your position because I've made the effort to understand it. I can always detect when a creationist has never read a book on evolution (which was not written by a creationist). Here's why: They simply do not understand the process of evolution because they have not taken the time to try to understand it.

So when people die and they wanted to live in sin and deny God, it makes sense to me that they would go to hell a place of darkness and eternal cutting off.

And this is one of the reasons I do not believe in God. Because a maniac that would torture people for eternity just because he can't be bothered to give clear evidence of his existence smacks of bullshit. Its a God that I would truly abhor and this universe although sometimes cruel and ambivalent is not remotely as wicked as the God that you are describing.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I retired from working in the county jails as a correction officer. I know one thing everybody has and is working an angle.

Either you are after dirty money or dirty sex. That is always the bottom line.

But if you are after the truth you know there is a God.

Well there ya go folks. Take your protein functional redundancy and shove it.

We be dealing with only THE FACTS here.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

James Brown, I think you're trolling :)

How about giving me some of your money instead?

• James Brown
    James Brown

Saintberholdt.

If you watched Hovinds videos and don't believe why do you want to keep discussing?

I cant help you and you cant help me.

There are a lot of Ad hominem attacks against Hovind. I have read a lot of the details and would say from reading the impartial details that Hovind was involved in some serious spiritual warfare.

The prosecutor who prosecuted him was a pedophile who was arrested for pedophilia and committed suicide in jail.

Hovind says he was not in jail for tax evasion but for structuring. Taking money out of his own account.

I wouldn't believe the wickpedia account on why he was in jail as they site no references.

Why doesn't wikepedia print the federal adjudication that he was found guilty of tax evasion?

I have just spent some time trying to read the specifics on why Hovind went to jail. I am not convinced he went to jail for tax evasion.

If you have some reliable evidence please share. It may be out there. I haven't seen it yet.

Lets say Hovind is or was guilty of tax evasion. That really has nothing to do with the information on his videos.

Truth is truth and truth is where you find it.

God made Balsams ass talk.

Either you believe what Hovind says in his videos or you don't

I believe most of what he says and you don't believe what he says.

I believe in the God of the Bible and you don't.

You have watched the videos read the bible and made your decision.

Case settled, have a nice life.

End of story.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Sowhatnow: I think its also fascinating that people can actually explain it,
    while I sit with a deer in the headlight expression on my face, and wonder why I cannot understand.

What part(s) do you have difficulty understanding? Tell us and if its something I understand I'll try to break it down as simply as possible using illustrations.

• James Brown
    James Brown
    So when people die and they wanted to live in sin and deny God, it makes sense to me that they would go to hell a place of darkness and eternal cutting off.

And this is one of the reasons I do not believe in God. Because a maniac that would torture people for eternity just because he can't be bothered to give clear evidence of his existence smacks of bullshit. Its a God that I would truly abhor and this universe although sometimes cruel and ambivalent is not remotely as wicked as the God that you are describing.

I personally don't believe that God tortures people in hell. I think people that go to hell torture themselves because after being given all the information they made the wrong decision.

Most likely to satisfy there urge to practice one of the 7 deadly sins.

I think hell is just like when I worked in the jail. People did wrong they knew they were doing wrong and they were there to do their time. To pay for their crime.

I've seen many hard guys go from hard guys to cry baby's when they get life sentences or 10 to 20.

I don't mean to try to scare you. I am not. It's just a big slice of life, I have seen.

Either Hovind, the bible, God makes sense to you or it doesn't

• James Brown
    James Brown

James Brown, I think you're trolling :)

How about giving me some of your money instead?

I guess theoretically, I am trolling.

Most people here are trolling the post something to elicit a response, a bite.

I don't think I am trying to piss people off.

I say watch Hovinds videos and believe or don't believe.

And then after I originally said that, I just post to other people posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit