Every JW Elder In State Of Pennsylvania Subpoenaed

by JW GoneBad 79 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My bet is there are some very high profile names on there.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    • "My bet is there are some very high profile names on there."

No wonder why they were paying thousands of dollars a day to prevent that list from getting out.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Criminal acts are not protected by privacy laws.

They are. Client lawyer and penitent church. But you don’t see that.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Joe134cd: "My bet is there are some very high profile names on there"

Just between Philadelphia County & Allegheny County alone there's a general population of nearly 3,000,000. Using the USA ratio of JWs to total population, me guesses 10,000 to 12,000 JWs in just these 2 counties...approximately 120 congregations...close to 1,000 current elders, not including recent and past elders who voluntarily stepped down or removed/deleted!

Yaaah...I would say many a high profile name...a lot of dirty-laundry...a lot of old files in this neck of the woods. Don't forget these two counties especially Allegheny County are The WTBTS' alma-mater...so to speak!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Fisherman: Client lawyer and penitent church.

Neither of those prevent a lawyer or clergyman from reporting a crime. Doing so is not a violation of privacy.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Neither of those prevent a lawyer or clergyman from reporting a crime. Doing so is not a violation of privacy.

LOL.

Nonsensical. Criminals go to lawyers because they commit crimes. Make sense? The lawyer can commit crimes too, eat a sandwich or even report the crime that his client admitted to him. But a lawyer disclosing privileged information that his client confessed to him privately can be be adjudicated as a violation of confidentiality and a lawyer may be found liable. Make sense? I’ve made my point. Believe as you wish.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Fisherman: Criminals go to lawyers because they commit crimes.

People go to lawyers when they are charged with a crime. No criminal goes to a lawyer because they committed a crime. They go because they're being charged with one.

Fisherman: But a lawyer disclosing privileged information

If a client admits to committing a crime, that is not privileged information and it is not a crime to report that to the police. The lawyer may choose to treat it that way, if they prefer to serve their client at the expense of victims and of society at large.

Similarly, a clergyman who reports a crime to the police (especially something as heinous as child abuse) would not face sanction for 'violating' privacy or confidentiality. In other words, they're not forced to withhold this information-- they choose to. The government isn't protecting criminals. The government is protecting religious organizations. Religious organizations are protecting criminals.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If a client admits to committing a crime, that is not privileged information and it is not a crime to report that to the police.

In the US it is. Even if the lawyer went with the client to see the bodies of his victims, it is confidential. It is not confidential if a client tells his lawyer about future crimes. As far as US law, your post is a bunch of boloney or as TD puts it, you are equivocating, as Jeffro putts it: you are lying, or lying to yourself. All it takes is a Google search to confirm what I said. If you refuse, you are lying.I never said that violating confidentiality is a crime it is a civil wrong and the offending party would have to defend an expensive lawsuit.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Fisherman: All it takes is a Google search to confirm what I said.

Yes, you are right about the federal law and priest/lawyer/client relationships, and I am wrong.

I stand by my point about the WTS's approach, since we must keep in mind that many of the unreported crimes were not confessions by suspects, but accusations by victims. Otherwise, there would be no point to all of the subpoenas.

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

Forgive my lack of knowledge but what does supoenered mean?

If you are an elder in that area do you get a letter or what?

has this got anything to do with AMorris being kicked out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit