Every JW Elder In State Of Pennsylvania Subpoenaed

by JW GoneBad 79 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

BREAKING NEWS! Every Jehovah’s Witness Elder in the 67 counties of Pennsylvania are being given notice by State Attorney's Office to turn over any & all documents relating to Child Sex Abuse cases! Watch attached video beginning at time-stamp 101:00...pay particular attention to what is said after 103:00.This is wild!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s84pgnRJtWg&pp=ygUUSmVob3ZhaCdzIFdpdG5lc3NlcyA%3D

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Don't get me wrong...the entire video is awesome...but the greatest news for the entire exJW community is what Mark O'Donnell states beginning at 101:00...enjoy!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If this is the case , the Society told them ages ago not to hold any documents or notes relating to such things . In the congregation safe there will be the official forms they send to NY when a JC disfellowships someone but it is my guess they would be told not to submit them .

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Whoa Nelly, that’s huge.

the Society told them ages ago not to hold any documents or notes related to such things

Except for the fact that every time a child abuser moves to a new congregation, his letter of introduction was supposed to include all the info his prior congregation had on his child abuse judicial case(s). The current elder manual basically says “call the service department before sending anything in writing” now, but for decades the policy was to just go ahead and send it.

Even current policy is, if there is any file on CSA in the congregation records, it must be marked “do not destroy” and kept indefinitely.

There has to be dozens if not hundreds (thousands?) of ticking time bombs in Pennsylvania congregation files, from this “do not destroy” congregation files and/or those letters of introduction from years past that are still hanging around.

Bad time to be an elder in Pennsylvania.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Now, the Feds need to subpoena the records in NY Bethel. 🙏🤭👍🏻

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think it's being done to shine a light on the problem. And, possibly, to put a strain on the organization. If WTS is working to protect child abuse just to maintain an illogical and silly rule, then the approach may be to make it as costly and painful as possible to continue to do it.

The WTS will fight this with every resource they have, especially time and money. It is likely that this will move extremely slowly through the courts, and it will seem as if no progress is being made. But I think that, even if the WTS prevails in blocking this (and it might), it will be publicized and their resources will be drained. And not just money-- imagine any elder with even half of a conscience, realizing that they're fighting so hard to protect traumatic child abuse. How many will walk away? How many will talk?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hey. Don't let the Popo get their hands on these. I need to have funds so I can stay drunk.. HIC!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I recall watching a video-can't remember if it were on Broadcasting or at convention...it was about destroying handwritten notes that elders had made and possibly took home. What Pennsylvania is doing may nudge the conscience of some and a great spilling of beans may occur...let us hope. Imagine what would happen if every state would do this. I don't think JW is going to change their policy on the abusers, but I do think they will tighten up on keeping the info out of the public. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at some of the PA elder's meetings.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I can hear it now, it's PERSECUTION!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm in south-central Pennsylvania. (born and raised in JW's) Attended several congregations, specifically, the ones that Martin Haugh and Sarah Brooks attended that were discussed in the news and also the Oxygen network special.

Mark talks about 9 cases being brought forward in Pennsylvania over the past year or so here. Ha!! I know of 9 CSA cases in just 3-4 Congregations, MINIMUM. Just 1 or 2 counties. And that's the tip of the iceberg from what I'm told in the know.

Frankly, if this really blows up, and I mean REALLY blows it, it'll make the Archdioses of Harrisburg look TAME by comparison.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit