Every JW Elder In State Of Pennsylvania Subpoenaed

by JW GoneBad 79 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Otherwise, there would be no point to all of the subpoenas.

No point is needed. State law requires reporting and Federal law is ambiguous. What WT has openly expressed at such like proceedings in the past is that they need to clarify the law. Obviously if the law did not protect confidentiality, there would be no legal grounds to do so. The point is that it is the law that protects abu$ers communication from being disclised to law enforcement and not the WT.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They could always violate the law in the interests of doing what is right, and trust in Jehovah to see them through it. It wouldn't be the first time they advocated taking a stand in the face of dire consequences. It might be a bit too close to home, perhaps.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    They could always violate the law in the interests of doing what is right

Anybody can. But that is not the legal point here. The issue here is law. That is why everyone is in Court.

• Ding
    Ding

Subpoenas are court orders requiring a person to come and testify, in this case before the grand jury that's investigating the WT.

A subpoena duces tecum is a special kind of subpoena which requires the person to deliver up records in his or her control. That may or may not be followed up by requiring testimony, depending on what is or isn't produced.

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

What are the details of the one elders who killed himself?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow! The announcement of Pennsylvania A.G. calling for statewide of JW Elders CSA investigation and now GB Anthony Morris being deleted. Someone recently said that 2023 wasn't going to be a very good year for JWs...Yah think!

...and we're only in February!🤣

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

WT Leaks posted a list of every US hall by state. There were over 200 listed for Pennsylvania. With multiple congregations using each building, that is a lot of Elders to serve.

In California, the local County DAs would have the DA investigators dig up the names, and addresses and serve the records subpoenas and personal subpoenas, and do some initial questioning as needed.

The danger in Watchtower's eyes is for the DAs men to run into some bible reading true believer Elders who believe it is a SIN to lie to the cops.

This reminds me of the Bentleys of the San Francisco Bay Area. They are active and vocal Ex JWS. Roger was a straight-shooting sincere Elder who refused to lie under oath as ordered by Watchtower on a child molesting case (related to the Candice Conti case). His reward? Immediate disfellowshipping in.... absentia... (without any meeting) by Watchtower headquarters.

Great couple, and with a fascinating story. We met them at the California Lake Tahoe "Apostafest" a few years back.

Waiting with bated breath.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It was announced that WT reached out to the Roman Catholic Church to obtain contact information on the Law Firm that handles its CSA cases. This is maybe/possibly how the initial call from Philip Brumley, Lead Attorney for WTBTS would've sounded like with California Roman Catholic Church Attorney Jeffrey Lena:

Philip Brumley: "Thank you Jeffrey for taking my call."

Jeffrey Lena: "No Problem...how can I help?"

Philip Brumley: "I know our organizations have not been on the best of terms over the years. In fact, I'll admit we've (WTBTS) written our share of literature bashing The Catholic Church on several topics from Child Sex Molestation to eating meat on Friday & everything in between."

Jeffrey Lena: "True!"

Philip Brumley: "I don't apologize for that & that's not why I'm calling. I was hoping to get your permission to use the services of the Law Firm that's been handling your Child Sex Abuse Cases. We're sort of in need of some help ourselves in that area."

Jeffrey Lena: "OH...I see. Now that you mention it, I did read something about a Pennsylvania Statewide investigation regarding Jehovah’s Witnesses & CSA in a blog circulated amongst attorneys. Do you think you'll be able to survive it?"

Philip Brumley: "Between you & me...that's a major concern here at WT Headquarters!"

Jeffrey Lena: "... and concerned you should be. Anyway...the name of the Law Firm is 'Such and Such' and the lead Attorney & good friend of mine is 'So and So'...this is his direct number..."

Philip Brumley: "Thank you for that information!"

Jeffrey Lena: "By the way Philip, just FYI our Firm is expanding and looking for seasoned Attorneys like yourself. I know that your organization pays you a very small stipend for your services. The beginning salary here for your kind talent starts at $150,000/year with very attractive benefits. I can put in a very good word for you should you be interested!

Phillip Brumley: "Thank you...but I'm good where I'm at...Goodbye!"

Jeffrey Lena: "Goog luck...let's keep in touch...Goodbye!"

(As Philip Brumley is hanging-up the phone...he proceeds to lean back in his chair...puts his hands behind his head...places his feet on his desk & starts to entertain the offer he's just been given. Philip & many other key WT personnel have for a long time taken issue with WT's mishandling of CSA and are anxious to jump-ship).

🤣🤣🤣

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

If you were an elder in any of those hundreds of congregations there, would it be best to stand down now?

if you did resign as an elder would you still be legally liable?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Every JW Elder In State Of Pennsylvania Subpoenaed

Is this a lie?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit