'You didn't fire a warning shot soon enough!'

by William Penwell 148 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
  • tyydyy
    tyydyy

I hate to say it but in my book there are some lives that are worth more than others. The question is which is which? I mean, I feel that my daughter's life is worth more than mine. I don't think anyone would disagree. If that is true then even if it's minute there are differences in the value of every human life. It's easy to say that someone who has committed premeditated murder should have less value placed on his life than the police officer sent to arrest him. When it comes to our countrymen versus another countries population the difference may be microscopic but I would have to say that, Yes, American's lives are worth more.

TimB

• dubla
    dubla
    Really? Show proof of any innocent people getting shot at road blocks, by police.

i can produce proof of innocent people getting shot by police....on "accident", which is the real topic here, not a roadblock, and i think youre intelligent enough to understand that..?.

aa

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I just wonder because I am sure the right wing, Christian fundamentalists are a big supporter of this war. I can never understand how one can claim to be Christian claiming to follow Jesus words to "love God and to love your neighbor as yourself" and yet condone the killing of innocent lives. I really would like someone to explain that to me. I make no claim to be religious of any kind yet it has always being religious intolerance’s for one another that has led to the most brutal wars and this war is being no exception. That is why I have no use for religions that say "God is on our side" to justify war.

Will

• dubla
    dubla
    I make no claim to be religious of any kind

me either, just to add my personal two cents to your query. sorry i cant explain for you how the christian fundamentalists think about war.

aa

• obiwan
    obiwan

I think the whole thing sucks! Human life is being lost over an idiotic dictator. How many here remember the brainwashing from the org? There are people who truely think they are supporting the side of good....does this seem familiar? You also have people being forced to fight with threats to their family. Granted this is about the fly by at a check point, however when it comes down to it the one to blame is Saddam plain and simple. You've got trauma hound giggling at Bush, meanwhile there's a dead family, jelly's snide and insensitive remarks, Penwell speaking on the value of lives.Maybe I'm off on this whole thing but I really thought that we were caring and more understanding people on this board because of our past experiences with the org, not "Hey they got shot at a check point oh well". I'm sure more went on there than is said, but you have to figure that all this information is censored third party information at best.

I hope that this is all ended soon, no more dying on either side,I would prefer that the opposing force would just surrender and let U.S. forces take over....doubtful. But in the meantime I will not take any joy or evaluate someone else's value of there life....Life is for living not dying.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Maybe its because some think that American lives are woth more than Iraqi lives.

i would go further than that and say that some people value their own standard of living more than an iraqi's life. there are at least 2 people on this board who i've seen say as much.

it seems that i've i had critizism for using humour to make a point about the iraq war. why do i do it? is it because i'm taking the piss? no, i quite respect other's point of view. the thing is people keep making emotive posts in order to justify the war (and it's usually the same thing over and over again), and i understand the sentiment behind things like saddam's mass murders and torture, but when someone uses this to dismiss what in my eyes is a major reason for going to war ( and it not being something they want to hear), i sometimes make a humourous point about it. it's not in order to rubbish what they say, or being flippant, it's just that the whole thing needs some humour injected into it or it just gets depressing. or some people just dont have a sense of humour.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I hope that this is all ended soon, no more dying on either side,I would prefer that the opposing force would just surrender and let U.S. forces take over....doubtful.

I agree with you that I hope it ends soon with minimal loss of life but why should the Iraqi's surrender without putting up a fight? How would you feel if some foreign country was invading your home land? Wouldn't you fight to the death to? People that are different religiously, philosophically, politically and ideologically. They mistrust us as much as we mistrust them. So the killing will go on and on. Even after the war is over, the hate will go on.

Will

• dubla
    dubla
    How would you feel if some foreign country was invading your home land? Wouldn't you fight to the death to?

not if i was basically being forced to fight for a murderous dictator, no. you cant compare our homeland with the homeland of the iraqis.....apples and oranges.

aa

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    not if i was basically being forced to fight for a murderous dictator, no. you cant compare our homeland with the homeland of the iraqis.....apples and oranges.

So your saying you wouldn't be pissed, and do anything, if your family was just wiped out, by the supposed liberating force?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit