'You didn't fire a warning shot soon enough!'

by William Penwell 148 Replies latest jw friends

• amac
    amac

ThiChi, first you say:

not only was a warning shot fired, a volley of rounds were fired into the radiator.

Then you say:

Your continuing to paint the US in the worst possible light is very telling. Like vultures, you wait for anything that might work. As you all rely on false assumptions to state your claims, I will wait for the facts to emerge as the investigation continues.......

That seems to be a contradiction when you accuse others of using faulty information but you can make claims like a "volley of rounds were fired into the radiator."

Here are the facts as we know them....civilians and children died. They were shot by US troops. If the US hadn't taken the aggressive by entering Iraq, those people may have continued to live. They are "collateral damage" of the war. And in my mind, this war does not have enough justification to be worth this collateral damage.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Nice try. I was pointing out other possibilities to the hang’em first and ask questions later crowd. I gave counter examples. Balance demands that all statements be considered and placed into context, not just what you like to hear. As stated, I am taking a wait and see position. Try to focus.......

• Simon
    Simon

Even being there, they should be very careful of causing unnecessary and avoidable civilian casualties if they are to accomplish one of the stated aims of the war.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I agree. Both sides, right?

• Simon
    Simon
    I was pointing out other possibilities to the hang’em first and ask questions later crowed

Are these at all related to the shoot'em first and ask questions later crowd?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Very good. However, that has not been established yet, has it?

(my crowd is worse than your crowd, na na nana) lol

• Simon
    Simon

Well, other than what the soldiers and eye witnesses say, I guess not.

Until Donald Bumpsfelt declares something happened or not I guess we don't know

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Unlike what some here have tried to assert, there are three separate viewpoints to what occurred. I am sure more will be forth comming. We shall see!

• Satanus
    Satanus

To me, the american soldiers' reaction is totally understandable. Still, it's really sad, all around. There will likely be many very traumatised vets, who will never speak about their experiences. I hope that there will be massive therapy facilities available for those that need it. It will be even worse, if this 'war' is broadly termed a failure.

SS

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    There will likely be many very traumatised vets, who will never speak about their experiences.

Yes just ask a few Vietnam veterans.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit