Did Jeruselm fall in 587 or 586 BCE?

by Doug Mason 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Finkelstein

Scholar is no lying crook and a character reference can be found from my friend Doug Mason and I have no money involvement with WT.

scholar JW

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

scholar, so you still can’t dare name the sources Watchtower relies upon. Perhaps you know they show directly that Nebuchadnezzar came to power in 605BC. Perhaps you just can’t bear to let your mind reflect on the consequences.

I will add one further point. The sources (that Watchtower relies upon) also say Babylon fell to the Persians in 539BC. Applying Jeremiah 25:12 gives you 539 + 70 = 609BC. Absolutely nothing gets you to 607BC, whatever bits of information you chose to include or ignore.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Scholar or the pretentious one .....

Intentionally committed fallacies in debates and reasoning are called intellectual dishonesty.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Scholar,

So you don't know how the WTS arrives at its starting point of 539 BCE.

Maybe you should ask the WT (through its expert Rolf) to provide you with an article that shows its method for arriving at 539 BCE.

Doug

• scholar
    scholar

Hi Doug

The explanation for the determination of 539 BCEis nicely covered in Insight on the Scriptures, 1988, vol1. p.453, pars.2-3

scholar Jw

• scholar
    scholar

shepherdless

The sources are well documented in our publications and are the same publications that are standard reference works on Chronology eg Babylonian Chronology by Parker and Dubberstein which I have in my Minister's Library.

You are using the wrong starting point because it should be 537 BCE not 539 BCE and when you count back 70 years you get 607 BCE. Now was not that easy and simple?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Finkelstein

Scholar knows nothing about intellectual dishonesty because he was brought up to be an honest person in all things.

Scholar seems to attract the crazies and the nutters who clasp at straws trying to defend the indefensible, a false date of 586 or 587 for the Fall of Jerusalem.

scholar JW

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

scholar, where do you get 537BC? The bible says (eg Jer 25:12) very clearly that when the 70 years end, Jehovah “will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error”. That is 539BC at the latest, based on the portion of secular history that Watchtower chooses to accept.

Watchtower adds a fudge and says well it probably would’ve taken another 2 years for the Jews to walk back to Jerusalem, but that is irrelevant. The bible is clear about the end of the 70 years, and the date is 539BC, irrespective of how long it takes to walk back.

Check it yourself!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When calculating all those "dates" (wink, wink) which calendar should be used? The jewish 360 day calendar or the Gregorian 365.25 day?

I know, add a month here and there to compensate for the difference but still trying to establish a definite date over 2,600 years ago using "historical" records from ancient archives knowing how biased and how some love to embellish the facts?---I don't think so!

just saying!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    b

Scholar seems to attract the crazies and the nutters who clasp at straws trying to defend the indefensible, a false date of 586 or 587 for the Fall of Jerusalem.

I think you just described yourself and all of the corrupt apostates who call themselves bible scholars running the Watchtower Corporation.

Whose clasping at straws when there is overwhelming evidence to support the year of 586/587 as the date of ancient Jerusalem's final destruction ?

If anything its the WTS who has been clasping of straws just to support 607 and did so just to make 1914 look legitimate

From a theological presentation the WTS is off for setting a time to Jesus's return which Jesus himself condemned.

Nevertheless I thank you for letting the forum readers see just how corrupt and devious people are who profess to be devoted JWS .

Your helping people leave the JWs cult and your too self absorbed in your corruption and arrogance to realize that .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit