Did Jeruselm fall in 587 or 586 BCE?

by Doug Mason 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As one can see with this so called JW scholar , he’s blinded by beliefs established by the corrupt WTS scholars, these same apostate date setting individuals.

Delusions fracture rational common sense and critical thinking.

We can only offer him the truth and hope he catches on, for his own benefit 😒

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The celebrated WT scholars have adopted a very different methodology in not being hamstrung by differing and competing calendrical systems used at that time.

Who are the celebrated WT scholars????

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

scholar
    3 hours ago

joey jojo

Sorry. That opinion does not work for the Bible clearly shows that the 70 years ended with the Return of the Jewish Exiles in 537 BCE and not with the Fall of Babylon in 539 BCE. In 539 BCE the Jews were still in Babylon not yet then released and Judah was still desolated so such a hypothesis is impossible.

scholar JW

And yet, the bible says:

12 “But when the seventy years are fulfilled, I will punish the king of Babylon and his nation, the land of the Babylonians,[b] for their guilt,” declares the Lord, “and will make it desolate forever.

Pretty clear.

Its amazing how JWs will tell you that the bible is the ultimate authority (except when it goes against WTS doctrine).

• scholar
    scholar

Finkelstein

You should leave the hysterics aside and focus on the real issue at hand and practice critical thinking and use your common sense.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

wannaexit

The celebrated WT scholars are unknown and unknowable.

scholar JW emeritus

• scholar
    scholar

joey jojo

Indeed Jer. 25;12 describes the punishment on Babylon only after the 70 years had ended and not before. The judgement on Babylon also involved apart from the city but its King or rulership and the Land which was fulfilled overtime ending in its complete desolation which did not happen in 539 BCE experiencing a Fall only. Pretty clear!!

scholar JW

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Sorry scholar, your last post is one of the most unclear sentence structures I have read.

I still say you are trolling us.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Expecting some intellectual honesty from someone who is set in their “unique beliefs “ is basically futile and redundant .

I therefore would make the suggestion that people not waste their time and energy with this delusional intellectually dishonest person who laughably calls himself a scholar . 🤨

• scholar
    scholar

joey jojo

Simply put JER. 25:12 describes the punishment for Babylon, the city, its king and land in order which only occurred ling after its Fall in 539BCE.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Finkelstein

Does that mean you are in retreat? For the record, I am no troll for you only have to ask Doug Mason for I am the real deal.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit