Did Jeruselm fall in 587 or 586 BCE?

by Doug Mason 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

RubaDub

Methinks you are dabbling in numerology.

scholar ...

Methinks, in mathematical terms, I am dabbling into a subject in which the square root of stupidity multiplied by the second derivative of ignorance cubed equals W, where W equals a waste of time.

I can post my theorem and applicable charts upon request if needed. On an XY chart, I would have ignorance as the Y axis and stupidity as the X axis and observe the curve and the rate of change over a stated period of time.

I could do it with colors in an Excel graph.

Just my thoughts.

Rub a Dub

• scholar
    scholar

jonnamos

YES I can and there is no reason to leave Tyre out since it is listed along with the other nations and the Scriptures read 'THESE NATIONS' and 'ALL THE NATIONS".

==

Oh really! All that you have done is nothing just mentioning Tyre and Babylon, what about the others? The mention of the prophecies regarding the fact that other nations would serve Babylon is not helping your argument for if you believe that the seventy years exclusively applies to the ONA then that means that each nation would serve Babylon but this is not documented so you need to polish up your argument.

scholar

• scholar
    scholar

RubaDub

Methinks you are dabbling in gobbledygook.

scholar

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Methinks you are dabbling in gobbledygook.

scholar ...

OK, OK, I've been caught. The hanging down parts have receded.

Proceed my friend, proceed.

Rub a Dub

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Oh really! All that you have done is nothing just mentioning Tyre and Babylon, what about the others?

What are you talking about?

I said:

From the point that Babylon became the 3rd power by defeating Assyria (609) to the time that Babylon was defeated itself by Medo-Persian (539), is when all the nations were subjected to Babylon. All nations served Babylon for the same amount of time, 70 years (609-539).That is how the period of servitude applied to all the nations.

And I cited the following Scriptures that show that:

Jeremiah 25:11 And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years.”’+ 12 “‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled,+ I will call to account* the king of Babylon and that nation for their error,’+ declares Jehovah, ‘and I will make the land of the Chal·deʹans a desolate wasteland for all time.+

[Jeremiah 27:6 And now I have given all these lands into the hand of my servant King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon; even the wild beasts of the field I have given him to serve him. 7 ALL THE NATIONS WILL HAVE TO SERVE him and his son and his grandson until the time for his own land comes, when many nations and great kings will make him their slave.’8 ‘If any nation or kingdom refuses to serve King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon and refuses to put its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, I will punish that nation with the sword, with famine, and with pestilence,’ declares Jehovah, ‘until I have finished them off by his hand.’9 Therefore, do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your magicians, and your sorcerers, who are saying to you: “You will not serve the king of Babylon.” 10 For they are prophesying lies to you, so that you will be taken far away from your land and I will disperse you and you will perish.11 ‘But the nation that brings its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serves him, I will allow to remain on its land,’ declares Jehovah, ‘to cultivate it and dwell in it.]

• scholar
    scholar

Johnamos

What are you talking about?

--

The other nations listed in Jer. 25 part from Babylon and Judah

----

And I cited the following Scriptures that show that:

Jeremiah 25:11 And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years.”’+ 12 “‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled,+ I will call to account* the king of Babylon and that nation for their error,’+ declares Jehovah, ‘and I will make the land of the Chal·deʹans a desolate wasteland for all time.+

[Jeremiah 27:6 And now I have given all these lands into the hand of my servant King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon; even the wild beasts of the field I have given him to serve him. 7 ALL THE NATIONS WILL HAVE TO SERVE him and his son and his grandson until the time for his own land comes, when many nations and great kings will make him their slave.’8 ‘If any nation or kingdom refuses to serve King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon and refuses to put its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, I will punish that nation with the sword, with famine, and with pestilence,’ declares Jehovah, ‘until I have finished them off by his hand.’9 Therefore, do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your magicians, and your sorcerers, who are saying to you: “You will not serve the king of Babylon.” 10 For they are prophesying lies to you, so that you will be taken far away from your land and I will disperse you and you will perish.11 ‘But the nation that brings its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serves him, I will allow to remain on its land,’ declares Jehovah, ‘to cultivate it and dwell in it.]

---

Your point?

----

scholar

• johnamos
    johnamos

WOW that's the thing about posting on boards and not knowing who anyone really is. I get the feeling I am speaking to a 14 year boy.

How old are you scholar? Do you fully read my responses? I have answered you on what you asked and cited Scriptures to back up what I said. My point could not be any clearer and yet you are unable to comprehend...but I will try again, if for any reason, because I have insomnia.

You asked me:

If you truly believe that the nations served Babylon for 70 years then with the exception of Tyre can you document how that period of servitude applied to all the other nations listed amounting to at least 18 in number in Jer. 25:17-26.

My answer was:

From the point that Babylon became the 3rd power by defeating Assyria (609) to the time that Babylon was defeated itself by Medo-Persian (539), is when all the nations were subjected to Babylon. All nations served Babylon for the same amount of time, 70 years (609-539).That is how the period of servitude applied to all the nations.

With that answer and the Scriptures I cited it should be clear that ALL of the nations started serving Babylon from the point that Babylon became the 3rd world power, which was in 609 and they stopped serving Babylon at the point when Babylon came to it's end, which was in 539. Those are the 70 years that ALL the nations served Babylon. That is what the following Scriptures state:

[Daniel 5:26 “This is the interpretation of the word: MEʹNE, God has numbered* the days of your kingdom and has finished* it.+ 27 “TEʹKEL, you have been weighed* in the balances and have been found deficient.+ 28 “PEʹRES, your kingdom has been divided* and given to the Medes and the Persians.”*+ 29 At that time Bel·shazʹzar commanded,* and they clothed Daniel with purple, with a necklace of gold about his neck; and they heralded* concerning him that he was to become the third ruler in the kingdom.+ 30 In that very night* Bel·shazʹzar the Chal·deʹan king was killed+ 31* and Da·riʹus*+ the Mede himself received the kingdom, being about sixty-two years old.]

[Jeremiah 29:10 This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. NIV]

• scholar
    scholar

johnamos

How old are you scholar? Do you fully read my responses? I have answered you on what you asked and cited Scriptures to back up what I said. My point could not be any clearer and yet you are unable to comprehend...but I will try again, if for any reason, because I have insomnia-

---

What I ask of you is quite simple that even a moron can understand is that you provide historical details as to how your interpretation of the nations who served Babylon for 70 years as stated in Jer. 25:11 applied. In that same chapter and after the mention of Baylon in vs 12 followed by Judah there are about 18 other nations mentioned. So give the timeframes for these.

scholar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit