Celine Dion

by JH 82 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I own some of her CDs and saw her live once. She has a great voice and did a great show. It was one of the best concerts I ever attended - but due to my JW youth my experience is limited.

What weakens her position is that she is not a songwriter but just performs what other people have authored.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think she has a wonderful voice, and seems to be a very loving, loyal woman, and everyone who works for her, and with her, adore her. So she is doing something very right.

I do not like to watch her sing. She is too skinny, and they dress her in those skin tight outfits, which emphasize her thinness. And............I think she needs instruction on body language while performing. She puts her legs far apart and looks very odd at times. I have to turn it off. I have several of her CD's and love them though.

I think her husband is a pedophile. (maybe too strong a word) He was in his 50's and she was 17 when they had sex the first time. That is just sick. And her mother knew it.

• riz
    riz

Mulan said:

She puts her legs far apart and looks very odd at times.

i know what you mean. in one of her videos, as she was hitting a particularly high note, it looked like she was trying to pass a watermelon. scary.

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi Everyone

I have seen Celine Dion live here in Nottinghamshire where i live,she was fantastic and she is so tiny.When she sings her voice resonates in my soul and i almost weep.

QCA1

• caligirl
    caligirl

Ah, the screaming Canadian toothpick, as a local radio personality here calls her. No, I have no desire to see her. The big Vegas shows are spectacular, and I imagine the special effects in hers are no different, but I do not think I could sit through a show of hers even if it was free. And that short haircut does her no favors at all - she looks very harsh. That picture makes her look like one of the statues at Madame Tussaud's wax museum.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    it looked like she was trying to pass a watermelon. scary.

BWAHAHAHAH!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Lewis Black was on The Daily Show last night talking about the Vegas Celine Dion show.

Oh god it was funny as hell! I will see what I remember. First he said it was the best thing for patriotic americans to boycott from France.

Then he said the auditorum was specially constructed to the accoustic needs of her voice, they play a clip to which he screamed, "it;s not working!!! I CAN STILL HEAR HER!"

They had some other clips, and he went on, the way he usually does, and I was laughing so hard, I wish I remembered more!

The final thing was a clip of her talking about the chaos in the world, but that she got through the day by going to her baby's crib everymorning. (the clip stops here) Black says, "So that she can scream in his ear, "WAKE UP WE GOTTA GO SHOOT ANOTHER CRYSLER COMMERCIAL!"

hee hee...I'm still laughing!

I am sure comedy central will re-run the show, if you get a chance you have to see it! Lewis Black is my hero! I love that man!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

She was the very innocent, very young girl, taken under the wing of a very married, much older man. Of course, despite the fact that she came from a very close, very loving family, are we to believe that she didn't know what she was doing, or that they weren't there to guide and direct her?

They saw a man who had the means to make her a big image in the music industry. They said: "go ahead and take him", his wife will understand. Thus she did so. Then, they said: "better get a baby to seal the deal". Thus she did so.

Some of her music is alright, like the song from "Titanic", but otherwise, I don't see what the fuss is all about myself. I wouldn't pay to see her perform, but I have bought one of her CD's.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

So it's just me who thinks she looks like a Raptor or other type of dinosaur? humph

• Solace
    Solace

I cant imagine how stressful it is to be an entertainer.

It seems that the public is not only critical of your ability to perform, but also extremly critical of your appearance. Even if you arent in the modeling business, people say you are either too fat, or too thin and you are critisized for everything from the length of your hair length, to the way that you look while you stand.

Guess it goes with the show. Pretty sad tho.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit