Celine Dion

by JH 82 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Would you go and see Celine Dion give a show in Las Vegas? Do you like her music?

Celine Dion poses with artictic director Franco Dragone at a news conference after the opening of her show, "A New Day," at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace on Las Vegas. The show is set to run for three years.
    (AP Photo/Joe Cavaretta

• Celia
    Celia

I don't like her at all

• Brummie
    Brummie

She is a good performer with outstanding vocals, not that I like a lot of her stuff though I think the lyrics on the album "Colour of my love" are written by a highly talented artist. I probably wouldnt go and see her but I can understand why people do.

Brummie

• dottie
    dottie

I don't mind her music sometimes but I would never pay money to see her live...

Dottie

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Don't get me started......

Expatbrit

• more2C
    more2C

I saw her TV special the other night. The special reminded me of those elaborate costume shows of the 60's, when I was a kid. (I used to pretend I was Cher with her glittery costumes and long hair.)

I heard all of her concerts are sold out in Las Vegas. I don't own any of her CD's but if someone gave me tickets I would go. The acoustics in that theater sounded great on TV.

Just my two cents,

more2C

• seawolf
    seawolf

I'd see her if she got her long hair back!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

She should have sank with that bloody ship....

• Gopher
    Gopher

I heard her show is supposed to run for 3 years at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, and is an attempt to pump some life back into the old horse (Caesar's Palace, not Celine Dion). And the tickets go for $75 to $200 a seat. And they installed a humidifier so that her voice doesn't give out in the dry desert environment during these next thousand performances or whatever.

I find Celine's style to be a bit overwhelming and overstated, to say the least. Her talents are rather pedestrian for all the acclaim she gets. But that's just my opinion. Other people when hearing her may be "in heaven". She's just not my cup of tea.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Is she looking a little weird or what?

I feel bad for her. I'd divorce that bloodsucker of a husband, and buy an island.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit