Celine Dion

by JH 82 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I would only go to see her if I failed in my attempt at pulling my own head off first......

Pope

• Solace
    Solace

whether you like her or not,

Celine is singing her way to the bank so she must be doing something right.

I admire women with strong vocals and, or a strong message in their music.

Celine, you go girl!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

My friends and I have an ongoing debate about this.

I think her voice is amazing, and we're going to Vegas in May and thought about seeing her show...but you know what, after seeing the special the other night, we're going, 'She rehearsed a year in Belgium for THIS!'

Although her voice is pitch perfect, it came across a little weird to me...the dancers trying too hard to involve the audience...everything was too much...too much of Celine's jump suit that wouldn't stay up...too much running around the stage, too big of tv screen...I love her but not $100+ worth.

I saw Cher in October and that was one of the best shows I've seen in my life.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Celine should sing some songs of The Band!

The Shape I'm in!

Out of nine lives, I spent seven
    Now, how in the world do you get to Heaven
    Oh, you don't know the shape I'm in

I just spent 60 days in the jailhouse
    For the crime of having no dough
    Now here I am back out on the street
    For the crime of having nowhere to go

Save your neck or save your brother
    Looks like it's one or the other

Now two young kids might start a ruckus
    You know they feel you trying to shuck us

• tdogg
    tdogg

To be coated with honey and tied down on a hill of fire ants while hot pokers are shoved in my eyes would be considered better than watching 5 seconds of a Celine Dion show.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Tdogg, we take it that you're not a fan then?

Pope

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Well, she must be doing something right because she is a lot wealthier than I am, though I have to say she is not quite my cup of tea. I find these quasi gospel-bleating wailer types, who incidentally seem be multiplying like wanton rabbits, a little hard on the old eardrums. Mind you they do an excellent job in the coffee shop ensuring the tables are filled and emptied with rapidity. Maybe she is covertly working for Starbucks.

Well....you did ask.....

HS

• riz
    riz

oi!! i would rather shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails.

• Solace
    Solace

LOL@tdogg,

Yeah, & everyone knows that if the producer from the Titanic would have heard you sing, Celine would have never made the cut, right?

• AMNESIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit