Celine Dion

by JH 82 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Celine and Ozzy?..That girl could pull it off..She may seem awkward,but that girl can sing..I don`t always like the music she choses to showcase her voice,I think she could do better in that regard...OUTLAW

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

*while everyone secretly buys tix*

I saw her in eastern canada pre-Aladin/Titanic days. Half the concert was in French! She was overly dramatic back then too. mabey a dozen people ran to the stadium stage after the show, and she said "don't hold back the people" with these sweeping messanic gestures. It was hilarious! But hey, c'est Quebec.

• shera
    shera

Your welcome Heaven

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Heaven, glad to hear your boy is fine.

But, if you or anyone else has any TUMS.....send them my way. One of Celine's songs was just on the radio.

I'm feeling a bit queasy...now.

• topanga
    topanga

I love her music and her pompus french personality and pronunciation.

I think the vegas show wil be outstanding id definitly check it out!

haha haaaaa she shoulda sank with that damn ship hoo boy that made me laugh!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

From The Onion:

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Celine and Ozzy should do a duet.

You wouldn't say that if you knew my voice!! Well, that was ME you were talking about, wasn't it, TR?

Ozzie

• wednesday
    wednesday

I think Celine is too thin, give that girl a cheeseburger(Jimmy Buffet)

I think she has a great voice and really enjoyed her singing "It's all coming back to me now" a Jim Steinman song (Meat Loafs writer from Bat out of hell) Am i fan of Meat Loaf, yes i am, and work his name into as many sentences as i can.

I would not pay to see her.

I would not go if i got a free ticket.

i would download a song or two from kaza.

I think her hubby is handsome.

I think she is smart, or her hubby is, b/c she's wealthy

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

CJ and I saw Celine in concert here at our community auditorium, shortly after she scored a hit with " Beauty and the Beast " . So I guess you could say it was before she was really, really famous. Her parents were there as well as her cradle robbing hubby

The first part of the show the music seemed to drown her out, but after intermission, they obviously made some adjustments, and that is when we realized just what an awesome singer she was. This auditorium only seats about 1500, and has excellant acoustics, and she sent chills down my spine.

Yeah her on stage performance is kinda lame, but man can she belt out a tune. I saw a VH1 program a month ago and it rated her as the number 1 diva. Not that I agree with THAT, but man can she belt out a tune. Not to mention....man can she belt out a tune.

Anyways this show.....had to be over 10 years ago, was very close up and intimate, no flashy dance numbers, etc. Just her and the band and her fans. Then she sang the Elvis Presley song " Can't Stop Falling in Love With You ". Awesome, just incredably awesome. ( no disrespect to Elvis fans LOL )

I would have to say it was the best concert by a solo artist I have ever been to, not that I get out to a lot of concerts. And when I see her interviewed now, she still manages to come across as genuine and sincere as she was back then.

I do think that if I had the opportunity to see her again in Las Vegas I would probably be very dissapointed though. Too commercialized, and too glitzy. Las Vegas has a nack for taking a great thing and turning it into a 3 ring circus.

Anyways...my 2 cents.

• Phil
    Phil

Riz

Laughing at onesself is a good start. OOps! Perhaps you are not that funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit