Celine Dion

by JH 82 Replies latest jw friends

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Sorry. I was trying to embed the page but couldn't manage it properly. Below is a link to one critic's unenthusiastic review of Dion's opening night Vegas show:

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/reviews/cl-wk-hilburn27mar27.story

AMNESIAN

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm not very keen..she's also very affected..and she's incredibly skinny too.

She'd look OK if she was a whippet istead of a gal I guess.

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yes, doesn't she look skinny? What's happened to her? The poor girl. A wonderful songstress but that pic makes her look awful.

Nothing like Shirley Bassey, eh, Eman!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Matty
    Matty

She comes over as a very funny, sweet and bubbly person when she's interviewed, so I like her as a person, but I really don't like her music at all.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I do like some of her music.

BTW: She looks very strange in that pic

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh god, the Canadian Goose...

I really, I mean really, no, really, really REALLY think she sucks majorly. She has a great voice in some ways, but has no soul, and zippiedee-doo-dah as regards taste.

It's a pity of the big three pop divas (Whipme, Mariah and Celine), none have any real talent as a lyricist or writer, all have sung heaps of formulaic garbage torch/trend song nonsence, and none have ever achieved what they could artistically, considering their vocal talents.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe
    oi!! i would rather shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails.

YA! I second that. And is it me or does she look like a dinosaur? She should try an acting career, a role of an anorexic singer gone wrong would suit her well.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I cannot stand Celine Dion and wouldnt go see her concert if I got free front row center tickets. PUKE

PFC District Overbeer

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I cannot stand Celine Dion and wouldnt go see her concert if I got free front row center tickets. PUKE

Gotta agree....major snore factor here.

I'd go to a Dylan concert anyday, though! Saw him last year....wonderful show.

Woohoo!

• Mutz
    Mutz

I am only 38 so still too young to 'appreciate' Celine Dion.........thankfully. Maybe when I get my pipe and slippers? :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit