did wt shut doors 9/11?

by topanga 82 Replies latest jw friends

• TheTRUTH
    TheTRUTH

wow.... celia. you dare to mention the catholics in the discussion. well they might be helping the needy. but they are also leading the race on harboring child abusers. or what? does someone want to challenge me on that statement? would you like proof of that? please just read up on child abuse and youll find many cases within the catholic church.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The Truth, now YOU are broadening the conversation (changing the subject). If you really want to do this, why not go off and read some stuff on the links from this site and just see how deep the rabbit hole goes?

Carrying on in this thread will just get you frustrated in the end.

What ever you do, don't just believe the FIRST thing you hear. Take your time to develop a true open mind first. That is the most important thing.

• Celia
    Celia
    . if i leave the orginization. where would i go...... where would i go to get the love that i get with-in the Truth? where would i go to get so much biblical information? where would i go to get proper guidance? think about it. the JW's are not wrong in not letting their children not steal. or do drugs. or have sexy before they are married. if you beleive in the bible. you very well know that would be against what GOD wants us to do.

this is too funny, or very sad, depending how you look at it. You do not have to be a JW to try and keep your kids away from drug, sex, alcohol... or to teach them that stealing, killing or abusing others and molesting children is just plain wrong....

You're getting desperate there "TheTruth"...

and where would you go ? well, nowhere, you could just read the Bible by yourself and try to understand its meaning on your own, without the "guidance" of any other mortal, imperfect human.

• REALNESS
    REALNESS

The Truth:

Brother, i understand your aim to defend our beliefs here, yet the way you are going about this is making us and you more importantly look stupid.

To say everybody else is wrong, so we must be right is dumb....our guide is the bible...rely on this and show scriptually why we have the truth.

R

• Valis
    Valis

Truth, provide proof please..

As well, let me ask you this...if you had never heard of JWs, read your bible without the interpretation of other men, were good to those around you and showed compassion to all around you, were tollerant of other's beliefs and helped your fellow man, is it safe to assume a loving god would see this as acceptable? If you need religion so bad you can't see how this works there is probably no hope for you. Not having your children steal or do drugs is not something JWs have a lock on BTW...The real name of god? *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• TheTRUTH
    TheTRUTH

YES I DID BROADEN the conversation didnt i - but funny how there is no straight answer to my questions? just....... "keep reading" "keep investigation and find out for yourself" "be open minded" - i have not yet mentioned for any of you to go to the meetings to find out the truth. why? becuase the truth lies with-in the bible. so... no answers to my questions. i could get out of this discussion . but then that would make it too easy for all you to not have to answer my questions. but i would not get frustrated if no one answered them. i would just realize that everyone is just blowing smoke in this website.

• Celia
    Celia
    wow.... celia. you dare to mention the catholics in the discussion. well they might be helping the needy. but they are also leading the race on harboring child abusers. or what? does someone want to challenge me on that statement? would you like proof of that? please just read up on child abuse and youll find many cases within the catholic church.

Why don't you visit the SilentLambs website and see for yourself how your beloved WTSociety handles cases of child abuse within its ranks... How many child molesters and abusers on file at headquarters of the Watch Tower ? 23,000 ?

edited, to add the link : http://www.silentlambs.org/

• TheTRUTH
    TheTRUTH

CELIA I HAVE VISITED THE SILENTLAMBS.COM WEBSITE. VERY SAD TO SEE BROTHERS MISLEAD IN THAT WAY. Why do many oppose Jehovah's Witnesses and tell me not to study with them? There was opposition to Jesus' preaching, and he said that his followers also would be opposed. When some were impressed with Jesus' teaching, religious opposers retorted: "You have not been misled also, have you? Not one of the rulers or of the Pharisees has put faith in him, has he?" (John 7:46-48; 15:20) Many who advise you not to study with the Witnesses are either uninformed or prejudiced.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

truth

who says you have to go anywhere? can you read? do you have a bible? read the bible for yourself. it's something relig. orgs. try to make out as being difficult to do, and that you cant understand it without their help. can't you see through that reasoning?

what you need is right there, in the pages, not in a religious organisation run by men for the profit of god knows who. it's what you would call making the truth your own. you might say that you could interpret something wrongly and be judged for it. well, wouldnt it be better to be judged for your own mistakes than for someone elses? and if you were to be judged in such a way, why would christ be so harsh?

what really is the christian message from the bible? it's really very simple, and simple to carry out. only religions complicate it and bind heavy loads on people.

jesus asked a question whether he would find the true faith on earth on his return. why did he ask that question if it wasnt for the fact that it wouldnt be a clear cut thing? what is that faith? was jesus talking about faith in what the WTS say, faith in joining a religious org, or faith in the simple christian message?

the WTS paints a very back and white view of the world, and who/what is right and wrong. you know full well that they twist scriptures and pull them out of context. but you can only see those things if you stand back and look at the big picture, and read the bible for yourself.

truths mixed with lies, doesnt make a whole truth. in fact the very reverse. a little leaven ferments the whole lump.

you see things in a fleshly way. if you want fleshly things you will recieve them. in flesh there is corruption and death.

• TheTRUTH
    TheTRUTH

ANYONE ELSE WANT MORE SCRIPTURES? PLEASE READ. ANSWER TO MOST OF YOUR COMMENTS: Do the Witnesses believe that their religion is the only right one? Anyone who is serious about his religion should think that it is the right one. Otherwise, why would he or she be involved in it? Christians are admonished: "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine." (1 Thessalonians 5:21) A person should make sure that his beliefs can be supported by the Scriptures, for there is only one true faith. Ephesians 4:5 confirms this, mentioning "one Lord, one faith, one baptism." Jesus did not agree with the modern, relaxed view that there are many roads, many religions, all leading to salvation. Instead, he said: "Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it." Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they have found it. Otherwise, they would look for another religion.—Matthew 7:14

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit