did wt shut doors 9/11?

by topanga 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis
    i am not a lier and you mentioned that your religion would consider me a SATAN worshiper.

um he was using JWs own stance on lying and being full of it to determine that yes you were a Satan worshipping liar that was indeed full of it.. Maybe you aren't a liar, you just have a hard time keeping your story straight...*LOL*

one of the similar things is that people would laugh at us for beleiving that jehovah will wipe all evil from the earth

no we're just laughing at the fact you believe in fairy tales..

i hope so because that seems to be the only thing that i am doing that everyone can comment about.)

Can you provide proof of JW philanthropy? Surely in your 23 years as a JW you can provide plenty of proof that JWs provide for the communities around them and do society a real favor, besides the delusional notion that helping people get to a paradise on earth is more important than assisting the poor, the homeless, the needy in all societies? hmmm? TONS of religious orgs have evidence they help those around them, even if the recipients of the aid aren't members of their respective faiths. TONS of religious organizations also assisted during the WTC tragedy...I can provide that proof, but what about from JWland? Come one...let's ee it!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    well first off - id like to say that i have never - in my 23 years in the truth- heard of the watchtower bible and track society refered to as NOAHS ARK

Well, they don't say "The Watchtower is Noah's Ark". You are correct in this. But here is a quote for you.

Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization--God's visible organization -- that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal... You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life ...
    -You Can live Forever (1982, 1990) p.255

So immediately following the sentence about the ark, they clearly indicate what (they believe) the modern parallel is. I'm sure that somebody with a Cracktower CD-Rom could find hundreds (no exaggeration, the Watchtower being the undisputed heavyweight champ of bludgeoning their followers with endless repetition) of similar statements.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Truth are you stuck on stupid? WBTS has constantly been refered to as a Noahs ark by the WBTS..In fact it`s taught to us from childhood..If you do not join the WBTS religion the JW`s,you will not be saved at armageddon....Other religions preach about armageddon?..So what?..They`re nutty too!....My religion considers you a Satan worshiper?..I have no religion..Do you read a post before you respond to it dim-wit?..I said if I were to judge you by your own religions moral yardstick,you are a Satan worshiper....Do yourself a favour..Thoroughly read my post before you respond to it..Secondly,know what your talking about before you respond to my post..Third,read and re-read your own posts so you don`t continually contradict yourself,or make statements that have no place in the JW world.....OUTLAW

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    was simply stating how rediculous it sounds for you to think that Jehovahs witnesses beleive that WBTS is the modern day NOAHS ARK

yep it is isnt it? but they do. many at my KH believe and say that the org is the ark. and i'm sure you'll agree with me it's pathetic. even an elder said the very same thing to me a few weeks ago.

• TheTRUTH
    TheTRUTH

hey pleasuredome - if you think this way.... why are you still going to the meetings? doesnt make sense. dont get me wrong . i would love for you to stay. but if you are against what we beleive then why do you stay? the first time some posted about the noahs ark deal - it was mentioned in a literal way - meaning that why should they let people in "the ark" if they are non beleivers - refering of course to the day of 9-11 - and i was responding to the fact that this would be a rediculous statement. i think that there is a similarity to the days of noahs ark - its very evident if you look at the world around us. i dont think that anyone can mistake that. - no i will say this to (outlaw) your right i didnt read carefully as to what you had said. but does that mean im a lier? i dont think so. - there has only been one thing that you guys have said that is true. i should look up more information on a few topics before posting again. and i will. -------------yet i still beleive that JW's are doing more for humanity than most religions - i dont know of a single witness that is getting rich or earning his paycheck on helping others. yet i know that most religions that claim to help the needed have ceo's that pay for their 500,000 homes and 60,000 cars with parts of the proceeds of the donations.---------i know what your going to say. our cicuit overseers get cars and apts. to live in and other expenses paid. but again i have yet to see 1 CO driving a bmw - or living in a RICH neighborhood - yet i know of countless of ministers that claim to be HELPING the needy that are buying 1,000,000 homes - yes. i know them personally. this is not something i read out of a watchtower.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I remember how they used to say how the Ark door was shut before the rain started. In other words, you had to be IN the organisation before it was too late, before it was obvious the end had started. More fear tactics. I have not drawn any conclusions from this thread, but yes, the org was always the Ark, always, and I would not be at all suprised if those doors were SHUT.

• Valis
    Valis

Yeah well Truth you never answered my question and you discount the work of lots of good organizations by mentioning a few greedy people...I think its a lot more greedy to believe in something that aint gonna happen and use that as an excuse not to offer humanitarian support rather than help the needy everywhere and being the true Christians that the Bible set forth when it talked about love thy neighbor and do unto others... According to your theory the JWs should be well suited to organize aid and deliver aid to the masses without having to worry about their own folks overly benefitting from it...Eh...gimme some proff of JW philanthropy will ya?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Celia
    Celia
    yet i still beleive that JW's are doing more for humanity than most religions

Wow, that's a mouthful.... Specific examples, please .... The catholic church has hospitals, schools, soup kitchen, food banks... Other religious groups do too. Does the Watchtower organization offer any such help freely, around the world ?

What about the Red Cross. It's not a religious org. but it is doing more for humanity than any other org. I can think of.

• rocketman
    rocketman

"The left hand doesn't know what the right hand does" ? Who is trying to kid? They are usually all too happy to print accounts of their acts of kindness in their magazines. Article after article exist on how jws did this and did that.

• TheTRUTH
    TheTRUTH

i will give you some proof "overbeer" - i would like to ask you a question. may i ask you. if i leave the orginization. where would i go...... where would i go to get the love that i get with-in the Truth? where would i go to get so much biblical information? where would i go to get proper guidance? think about it. the JW's are not wrong in not letting their children not steal. or do drugs. or have sexy before they are married. if you beleive in the bible. you very well know that would be against what GOD wants us to do. also is it not true that we are one of the only religions that actually puts the real NAME of god back into the bible? his name is not LORD is it? - are we the only ones that teach that the teachings of the TRINITY is false. where else could i go where they will teach me such things? please inlighten me. becuase i must be blind. i have read up on other religions. and i can not find a single religion that is so interested in READING what the bible says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit